Thread: Out of the Basement

Out of the Basement

Tonight at the studio where I dance, we caught and brought upstairs a cat that had been living in the basement for approx. 3 months. It is a beautiful cat...white with orange markings. It seems scared to death of people, but other cats go down to visit and it seems fine with them. It also seems to be little box trained. It does not hiss at people, but cries and runs.

Right now, it is in the garage at the studio. I am going to contact several rescue organizations in the area and see if I can find someone to take it, but beucase it is so afraid of people, I am afraid no one will.

Anyone have any suggetions?

If it is an orange tabby, it more than likely is a male cat. If any rescue group comes out with a trap to catch the animal, depending on how much the kitty begins to become "humanized", will depend on how long a kill group will keep it. I would notify a no-kill shelter.

Did anyone see Animal Cops on the Animal Planet channel last Saturday evening? They showed a home full of cats and the more they looked the more they found. It took them 3 days to catch all of the cats that were in the filthy house. At the end of the episode, they counted 274 cats all living in this house. Also, that one of the rescuers said, that they all will be euthanized because of all of them being so feral. I am sure that some of them could have been saved and "humanized", but because of so many of them, I suppose no one had the time to sort through all of the furkids to find those that could be domesticated.

Cincy's Mom,

Why can't he/she stay in the basement? If someone would
    come to feed & clean a litter box. Maybe the kitty would learn
    to trust a human who came to visit him/her there. It might be
    better to earn the cat's trust in a place where the cat felt more
    comfortable. It might not take as long as you think.The kitty
    would have a much better chance for adoption if it could feel
    more at ease with at least one person.( for starters) Good
    luck with this.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The biggest reason we can't leave the cat down there is that we run a haunted house there inthe fall and new construction/painting etc. we start soon. Also, it is starting to smell down there (part of the reason I think it may be an unneutered male spraying?).

Donna (moosmom) is trying to help me work something out. I have talked to the owner of the studio since Tuesday night, but I will call tomorrow and see what is going on and how long he can give me....

Amy,

I really wish I could help you foster her. Hopefully you'll find someone to take her. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!