Thread: Dog Tags

Dog Tags

I haven't even had Ruby for one year yet & I'm already on my second set of ID tags. The writing just keeps rubbing off! I got the first set at PetCo and the ones I have now I ordered through Foster & Smith. They're 14k gold-plated and are supposedly the longest lasting tags Drs. Foster & Smith have to offer. But the writing is already fading! I don't remember going through ID tags this quick with my old dog, but I don't remember where we got them (I was younger and my parents were the ones buying the tags). ANWAY, does anyone know of any long-lasting dog tags that are really long-lasting? I know they're not that expensive, but I just don't want to keep going through a bunch of tags.

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Go to a place were they engrave keychains (found in malls). & get him a cool looking keychain. tell them to make it a deep as they can & it'll last along time.. when max was wearing a collar several yrs ago, I got him one & it lasted for 2 yrs.. I still have it & u can still read it too

I think that hard plastic like material lasts longer then the metal.

Originally posted by RubyMutt
    ... does anyone know of any long-lasting dog tags
    that are really long-lasting?
    Check in both your Vet's Office and a larger Pet Shop -
    they usually have DISPLAYS of Pet Tags with
    actual samples attached.

The MOST Durable & Long-Lasting are the Stainless Steel ones with
    "Stamped" Lettering - *not* the ergraved lettering.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Oh ya, I got max a canadian army tag (it has a soft plastic/rubber going around the tag so it doesn't make noise, like other countries dog tags), I totaly forgot about that one, it was punched deep into the metal & it went through a heavy beating of aout 3 yrs until the plastic/rubber fell off

I always get mine through Lucky Pet and they're great. The plastic ones are ok for the cats, but I always get the metal ones for the dogs. I haven't had to order any replacements yet. And they're loca.....in Redmond, I think.
    ~Kat

I mad two for Tikeya, one for Oscar and ya they are great. get an ingraved one they last!!!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I have those tags that you get from the machines at the pet stores for my dogs but for both Smudge and Winter I have this pouch that goes on their collars and holds all their tags so you don't hear them jingle and they don't rub against each other.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone Come to think of it, Muffy, my RB dog, did have plastic tags... that didn't occur to me before. I guess that's why we didn't have to replace her's as often

Cheshirekatt - I have never heard of Lucky Pet. How can I find them? Do they have a website?

Originally posted by RubyMutt
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone Come to think of it, Muffy, my RB dog, did have plastic tags... that didn't occur to me before. I guess that's why we didn't have to replace her's as often

Cheshirekatt - I have never heard of Lucky Pet. How can I find them? Do they have a website?
    Here's the only number for them that I have: 1-800-456-7685 or they may have something online.
    ~Kat

They also have a 24hr customer service number. Check out their website you can "Preview" your tag.

Thanks!

I just got the dogs new tags a few weeks ago, I got the plastic ones. When I made a metal one for Kito when we first got him, he walked around like he had a bowling ball hanging from his neck
    Luckypets is cool--I may have to order some new ones--I love the star shaped ones!!!!!
    Thanks for the link!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada