Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Went To A Cat Show Today And Came Home With Cat # 4

I Went To A Cat Show Today And Came Home With Cat # 4

Hi everyone. I went to a local catshow today and I met AmberLee and her sister and niece there. I had read that it started at 10am and that there would also be adoptions going on. For some strange reason I knew that I would end up adopting a cat today. I was almost going to put one of my cat carriers in the car.

When I arrived I spoted the cats that were up for adoption and I went over to take a quick peek. There weren't any kittens so I thought good I'm safe. I guess I won't be adopting any cats today. Later on the Humane Society introduced each cat in one of the judging rings. I was really taken with a cat named Herman. A man seemed very interested in him so I didn't pursue him any further at that time.

We decided to eat and look around at the vendors some more. Then we heard an announcement that another cat had been adopted. I couldn't hear the name of the cat so I went up to the adoption area to find out which cat it was. The male tuxedo named Jackson had just been adopted as well as another one which I had never seen.

I then went over to look at Herman again. I fell in love with his sky blue eyes. I pet him and held him and that was it. I was hooked. They think he's about 2 years old and he may have some siamese in him too. He's a long haired cat but has a summer hair cut because his fur was very matted. His tail is quite fluffy though.

When I drove home, he never even made a noise. I'm keeping him in my spare bedroom right now for the next 10 days or so. My cats know that something is up but don't seem upset about it. He's very friendly and purrs a lot and lets me pick him up and even rub his belly. He also loves to play. I'll take his picture tomorrow and tell you more of his story too. I sure hope that everything will work out with him because his first adoption didn't work out. I've also renamed him Sky because of his sky blue eyes.

Woohoo!!

Yay for Herman, cat number 4! He sound beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures of the new addition to the happy furkid family!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

congratulations!! thats great! I can't wait to see the pics

Oh wow congratulations! I am excited to see some pics!!!!

Congrats on adopting a new kitty!!

How super!
    I hoped to see his picture

Ooooooooooh but THREE was your limit. LOL Congrats! I'd love to see pics. Is this a boy kitty too?

Sky, we are sure you are from heaven sent. You warned your new meowmie in advance and you made sure you got the best meowmie who was around at the show. Welcome. We are looking forward to your pix

"Three is DEFINITELY" my limit"

giggle, giggle, giggle

LOL.......LOL............LOL.........

OK, I am done teasing now

I am SO happy to hear about Sky. Cannot wait to see pictures!!!!

Cat Show warning

There should be a sign at these cats shows "Caution: This show may cause your household to increase. Enter at your own risk!" hehe!

This surely was meant to be! Isn't it funny how you had thought of bringing the cat carrier! His name is a great match to go along with his "siblings!" You did just great in that area, with no help this time from your fellow Pet Talkers. I can't wait to see Sky and those baby blues! Congrats on #4! Now there is no 'odd man out.' hehe! I can justify anything when it comes to adding a new furbaby to a home!

Congrats on kitty #4 and welcome home Sky!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Oh, I am so happy!! That sounds like a great day at the
    show!! It makes me smile to know that a homeless kitty has found a new home-and a wonderful home I might add!!
    I cant wait to see pictures of Sky!!!

Way to go KAK!!! I love it when they have cats for adoption at the cat shows. I'm trying to convince the animal shelter I volunteer at to do something like that. It's a great way for them to get exposure and find homes.

Congratulations on Sky! Can't wait to see pictures! 3's your limit, huh?? That's what I said at 6!! LOL!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Welcome Sky to your new home and to Pet Talk. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and looking into your blue eyes.
    Congratulations KAK.
    Steffi and Lovable

Congrats on the new edition! Sky is a beautiful name for him. Can't wait to see some pics!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa