Thread: Houdini advice needed....

Houdini advice needed....

Would it be better to leave houndini on her own overnight or should one of us sleep in the spare room to keep her company ?

Thanking people in advance.

PIF,
    what have I missed? You have another kitty?

Well, I'm using my common sense here even though I've never been in your situation.

Seeing that she's scared and disoriented, I'd probably leave her for tonight just to get used to the surroundings. Knowing me though, I'd probably get up a couple times a night to check on her....

Mind you, I'm no expert here.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Ah, PIF, now that I have read the magical Houdini's entrance into your lives, way to go!!1

I think, like Slick, I would leave her be tonight. Too much stimulation can't be good. Maybe a check late at night, and early in the am....to make sure eating/elimination issues arent present...good luck, and Welome to Houdini!!

Thanks Slick & Cataholic,

We'll leave her alone tonight.

Sorry as I am sure this is way to late to reach you tonight, but YES, I would let her be alone. She will be fine and maybe even better off if she can explore without the "interference" of humans.

How did it go?

By time you read this PIF it will be morning! Sooo, how did it go? Are the kitties settling in okay?

ARGH! I think I am too chatty this morning ... I keep getting the "you can only post once every 30 seconds message."

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I just have to say that her name is GREAT! Of course I am a little biased as that is my cats name.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Too late now I'm sure, but we've always put a stuffed animal with them.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers