Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honey and Murphy at the "White Coats"

Honey and Murphy at the "White Coats"

The elusive Butter Cat was supposed to be going too, but he is too smart! I guess when he hears me call his name, he knows I am up to no good! So I will have to "surprise" him when he least expects it and just take him without an appointment one day soon!

Murphy went along for the ride because she has been shaking her head a lot this week and has had drainage from her right ear (the one that was operated on). Dr. R said that this drainage is just ear wax that has a lot easier time getting out these days due to the re-routed ear canal. He said, "that's a good thing" because she will be less likely to have the severe ear infections she was so plagued with before. Her left ear was a bit red too (no surgery on that ear so far and we are trying to avoid it as the surgery and recuperation was so tough on her and us). She's on Baytril for 10 days and a spray of somesort to heal a place that she had scratched on her ear, but seems happy this morning and no more shaking that head, already! Dr. Robinson LOVES Murphy and she is actually pretty happy when she gets there too! The funniest part of our visit was that he said that I must be feeding her well! She had gained 6 pounds in 3 months! She is a chowhound. He was not at all concerned about her weight as her waistline shows quite nicely, even at 79 pounds! Murphy will have a thorough checkup next month when she goes for her annual shots, which are due in July.

Honey went for her annual checkup and shots. And the best news is that there is no news!! She checked out beautifully. He was happy to see that she had plumped up a little bit since her last visit, as he didn't want me to let her lose anymore weight. She is a healthy 69 pounds and he said she is PERFECT!!! What more could I ask?? Honey will be five years old in December.

$232 later (including Heartguard), at least two of my girls are doing great! Butter and Murphy are next (July), then Lilly and Mimi (who will be 14 in a week or so) will be there in August! I expect good reports on everyone!

What a boring message, but a good one since I had no "bad" news to report!

From one "happy" Mother of Many!!

Logan I'm glad to read there is no bad news in this thread!!! When I read that anyone is going to the White Coats I proceed with caution. That Butter is a smarty pants alright! You have reminded me with this post that I never rescheduled Andy's appointment from about a month or so ago when he was supposed to have accompanied Trevor to the White Coats, but escaped under the bed! I hope your July and August vet visits all have good reports. The worst part of the vet's visit is often the "paying up" at the end, isn't it?! LOL!

I totally understand that caution, Pam! I know we have all had our moments of concern for so many in our Pet Talk family, that I thought it would be a good thing to report "nothing" for a change!!!

Seems Butter must have taken some lessons from Andy! Elusive boys, but both will be "caught" at some point!!!! Hehehe!!!

That's great news about the girls! So glad they are both doing well. Thanks for letting us know.
    Have you tried getting Heartguard, or anything that doesn't require a prescription, from one of the Internet pet Rxs? The exact same thing Carina is taking for her arthritis was half the price of what the vet charged me for the first can I bought from him, and so was the Heartguard.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Yay Logan! Glad to hear the pups are doing well.

(Silly Butter cat )
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

That's good news! Glad to hear that your two girls are doing well.

Andrew, Drake, and I have a vet's appointment in an hour. Drake is going in to get his heartworm shot and is getting the pads of his paws checked out. They seem to be peeling! It has me freaked out, so I am going to get the vet to check him out. The pad underneath the peeling is black (just like the pad itself). Do dogs shed their pads? Perhaps this means Drake is overexcerised if that is possible. Wish us luck!

Great News Logan!

I'm always happy to hear of another good white coat visit Sounds like they are both in tip top shape, what a good mommy you are! Give them both a big SMOOCH from me.

Souraya, hope Drake's visit goes as well, good luck!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Don't you love getting those "good reports???" Logan, I'm so happy to hear that Honey and Murphy are doing great! I'm not surprised that Murphy is winning over his heart! What a face!
    Paws crossed that the July and August visits will be just as positive.. Now, as for that Butter Boy...

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Good report

Congratulations Honey and Murphy on your good report and to Bad Boy Butter for averting the dreaded unpleasantness. One big *whew* that nothing major is indicated.

Hannah and Tucker are going in tomorrow for their shots. I'm trying to prepare myself in particular for Hannah's *weighing in*, because like her mom, keeping the weight off is a challenge for her. Then we have to determine if it is her time for the teeth cleaning. Tucker's got a few minor problems that need to be addressed. He has some hot spots, which I hope won't necessitate more anitbiotics and he still has a bit of a discharge from his eyes. We have not had a problem with fleas but now with the West Nile Virus scare, I am wondering about Advantex.

Like Albea, I have taken to purchasing our heartworm pills from another source, Drs Foster and Smith. Even with the shipping and handling charges, the price is still much less.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Great news!! Hope the rest of the furbabies get good reports!

Killi and Shi went in last week. Killi weighs 106 and Shi is on a diet at 101. Kill's autoimmune disease is still out of control. We are increasing the prednisone again (not a good thing for a liver dog ). He also has a lump that appears to be a fatty cyst. We will have to watch it for now. Shiloh checked out just fine! Just did the 1 yr. rabies on Killi and heartworm test. Shi had the 3 yr. rabies, the distemper shot and heartworm check. I also bought a 12 pack of heartworm meds. Cost: $292.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I was comparing how much I paid for veterinary care before I came to the vet clinic on post. And wow! I am saving a lot of money and the vet is just as great as our previous one. At my old vet, if you wanted him to just check out something, it was a flat $40. Here it's only $2.00! Drake got his ProHeart shot yesterday and it normally costs $65.00, and they charge $28.00. I looked at their pricing chart and it blew my mind: $15.00 for a microchip, $35.00 for spay/neuter!!

Wow, what great prices Souraya. I wish we could find a vet's office like that!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Originally posted by anna_66
    Wow, what great prices Souraya. I wish we could find a vet's office like that!
    Just join the military!!

Those are some military benefits that a lot of people don't know about, Souraya. I'm glad you shared that information!

Gosh, Logan, with so many sick babies on PT recently, boring 'good news' is great news. I bet Roger and Milly are smugly singing 'Zip a dee doo dah' because they haven't had to go to the white coats.