Thread: Grieving

Grieving

Thank you so much for all your kind words. People in my life do understand. They knew what he meant to me. His name was Rocky, a brindle boxer, weighing 90 pounds. He was extremently smart, he knew about 25 words. I adopted him when he was 2 months old and we were together, just the 2 of us, for 6 years. Three years ago, I met my husband and he had a miniature schnauzer. I love them both but Rocky and I always had a special bond. He was my gentle giant. He loved kids, other dogs, sitting on my lap, car rides, playing outside with his skweaky toys and suntanning. We used to fight for the chaise lounge in the backyard! He was extremely cuddly and wouldn't hurt a soul. He used to whine to go out, get in, when he wanted food or water, treats, attention, etc. We called it talking! Yesterday afternoon, he was lying on the floor as if he had a stomach ache. One hour later he was so bloated he couldn't stand up. We rushed him to the vet and we had 5 minutes to make a decision. Either let him die on the floor or put him to sleep. I lay on the floor with him and hugged him and then the vet came back and it was over. On Sunday I was out back playing with him. It just happened so fast. Apparently, he had a twisted stomach and his liver and kidneys were no longer functioning. All this in one afternoon. Anyway, I will always miss him and love him. I have never loved anything as much as I loved Rocky. Hopefully with time, things will get better.

Tanya

p.s. I went out this morning and bought 5 new toys and food dishes for my schnauzer. He seems pleased with that!

Oh Tanya..I am SO sorry for your tragic loss. Bloat is the one thing that causes me the most concern with both of my larger breed dogs. It is such a sudden and frightening thing. My heart is just breaking for you. Rocky sounds so beautiful and loving. And of course, he was your best friend. Like you, I and many others here have had to deal with the loss of our precious furbaby. The pain can be almost unbearable. Please know that we are all here for you. I am truly at a loss for words. I am so glad you have your little schnauzer there to comfort you. But I know we all have one who is our truly special one. Our "Dog of a Lifetime." Please know that everyone here shares in your pain and sadness. We all grieve so for each other's loss. You are in my heart and prayers. You and the beautiful, beautiful Rocky. Love Sandra

Tanya I am so sorry about Rocky.
    Since I also own a deap chested breed, one
    of my constant fears is bloat.
    My heart goes out to you for
    your loss of such a special boy.