Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who is your favoret artist and painting?

who is your favoret artist and painting?

who is your favoret artist and painting?

mine is van gogh starry night. I love the painting so much and Van gogh is just so amazing, I have read alot about him. he was a great artist.

if you have never seen the painting Stary night. here is a pic..

http://www.arches.uga.edu/~ryanbush/starry-night.jpg
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Even before I read your post, while looking at the title it was clear: VanGogh, Bedroom at Arles

Followed by Georgia Okeefe: Sky above clouds.
    Its tiny. Picture it big!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by babolaypo65; 06-01-2003 at 08:52 PM.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Here's Bedroom at Arles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -babolaypo

-Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Amy is my favorite... i don't have any favorites i LOVE all of her work..... I'm my second favorite

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

thoughs are great pics, I am a artist obsessed, along with pet obsessed of corse, lol.

my second fav would have to be.... Cassius Marcellus Coolidge dog paintings, they have so much detail and they all are in different sence, my all time fav of Cassius Marcellus Coolidge paintings is the Dogs playing Cards ......................

http://math.gmu.edu/~eobrien/m351/dogs1.jpg
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

FRIDA KAHLO!

She has to be my absolute favourite! I couldn't possibly pick one, I love them all. She was just brilliant.

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Re: FRIDA KAHLO!

oooh GOOD CALL!!!

Did you see the film? I LOVED it. Especially how they integrated her works into it; the whole multimedia thing... LOVED it.

Oh hers, I'd have to go with the self portrait with Diego on her forehead. Have it in my office. well, a poster of it, LOL.
    Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
    She has to be my absolute favourite! I couldn't possibly pick one, I love them all. She was just brilliant.
    -babolaypo

-Sri Yogananda

-Ursula Leguin

VanGogh. I've watched the movie, looked at all his paintings, drew one of his paintings. My art teacher knew I liked VanGogh & so did he, he use to call me his little VanGogh. I was known as one of the best Artists in HS. My teacher almost died when I told him I was going into police foundations, insted of the university he wanted to hook me up with. I felt sooo bad, I hurt him alot, he stopped talking to me.

But I still think I'm a fairly good artist, with a pencil & charcol only. I'm ok with paint & pencil crayons, but my detail is lacking when colour is added.

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Amy is my favorite... i don't have any favorites i LOVE all of her work..... I'm my second favorite
    Awww thanks Kay Ann!! I love your art too!

I tend to forget names......so here's just what's coming off the top of my head (probably spelled wrong)...M.S. Escher, Bev Doolittle, ack...there's lots of wildlife artists I just LOVE but their names are escaping me...Jim Christensen has some great fantasy/whimsical art...........I'll remember names later.....been a while since I was in school... Oh, and my high school art teacher (also professional artist) Steve Bartholomew.....he's amazing!!
    Last edited by wolf_Q; 06-01-2003 at 09:55 PM.

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Amy is my favorite...
    I love Amy's work too! She's amazing!!

I also love Jacob Lawrence, Salvador Dali, Frida Kahlo, Vincent Van Gogh, Cezanne, Monet...

I have MANY favorite paintings... a few are: Lawrence's "Man With Birds", Edvard Munch's "The Scream", Dali's "Sacrament of the Last Supper"

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Re: Re: FRIDA KAHLO!

Originally posted by babolaypo65
    oooh GOOD CALL!!!

Did you see the film? I LOVED it. Especially how they integrated her works into it; the whole multimedia thing... LOVED it.

Oh hers, I'd have to go with the self portrait with Diego on her forehead. Have it in my office. well, a poster of it, LOL.
    I need to see that movie! Some of Kahlo & Diego's paintings were just on tour and I saw them at the Seattle Art Museum. They were so beautiful! I have been a fan of Khalo's for years, it was so wonderful to see her work in person.

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

I love van Gogh, especially watching his mental decline in his brushstrokes over the years (weird, I know )

One of my favourites pics is Weeping Woman by Picasso. She was hanging in the National Gallery of Victoria until she was stolen one day. There was a massive search and one day she was found unharmed in a train station locker.

Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

My grandfather. He was a great artist and painting/making designs on glass/mirrors was his career. I just LOVE drawing and painting and everyone in the family says I took it from my grandpa. Its a shame that we don't have any one of his paintings or art mirrors, because all of my aunts and uncles have them all. They just live so far away that we never got one, but next time we visit them, I'm going to ask them to give us a few. Its not fair that we didn't get any after his passing. Those are really good memories of him. Can't wait till we visit our family again. I'm going to get some from them.

2nd is Amy. 3rd is one of my best friends.

my all-time favorite painter is and will always be Van Gogh!
    We went to the brand new Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam twice already; it is AMAZING!! I can spend hours there!

Re: Re: FRIDA KAHLO!

Originally posted by babolaypo65
    oooh GOOD CALL!!!

No, I haven't seen the film yet. Missed out! I think Selma Hayek would have been PERFECT for the role though!

I know the one you mean, forget what it is called. Many of her works reflect her love, almost obsession, with Diego. You can't truly appreciate Frida's works without understanding everything she went through before painting them, the horrific tram accident especially!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.