Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pixel's First White Coat Visit

Pixel's First White Coat Visit

Well, technically not her first as she stayed with the White Coats a whole week after we got her ... but it is her first routine White Coat visit, for vaccination boosters.

I brought out her cat carry box, opened it, and wandered off to do something. When I came back, she was sitting in the box, ready to go! We took her to the vet's (about a 10 minute drive) and she did not cry once (she is very good in the car).

She waited patiently in the box until it was her turn. Considering that she'd had such a long stay with the White Coats when we first got her, she was quite relaxed. In fact, she was not at all fazed about the Big Scary Needle. She just sat there calmly. The vet was *very* impressed with her good behaviour and confirmed that she is now five months old. She also commented on how beautiful Pixel's coat is (she is a blue point, but also has very subtle tabby pattern on her back and tail).

What a good girl! She got a treat for her good behaviour

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

glad the visit went so smoothly!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Me too!

I know only too well how distressing vet visits can be when your cat gets upset!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

What a good little kitty. I'm sure the vet appreciated having such a good patient. Did she get extra treats at home for being such a good girl?

Tubby isn't fazed by the vet either. All he wants to do is get down so he can investigate the place, and could care less about what the vet is doing.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Pixel's a great name!

I have a kitty named Pixel, too.

I love that name. Someone told me once about a work of literature where a character had a cat named Pixel. Have you heard of that?

Just curious....

And my Pixel doesn't like the vet either. She doesn't want to come out of her carrier.

Missy and Pix

Oh Pixel, you are such a good girl! So glad everything went well. Pictures, please.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Could you please ask Pixel to come and give Edwina lessons? She is such a bad girl she has a notation in her file and the vet was afraid of her this year.....

Glad to hear that everything w/ Pixel went so well. Jack didn't mind the vet either when he was young...now he cries the whole time (being part Siamese, his cries can be quite loud). Ali just tries her hardest to hide under my arms when she goes.

Some of us are lucky!

I haven't had a bad cat visit in years. For some odd reason, even Gabe, the monster kitty was good for me at the Vet's.

Ti has been a good boy too!

Miley is always good...a little scared...but good.

Glad to hear you are lucky too!

SAS

That's what Pixel did....

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    What a good little kitty. I'm sure the vet appreciated having such a good patient. Did she get extra treats at home for being such a good girl?

Tubby isn't fazed by the vet either. All he wants to do is get down so he can investigate the place, and could care less about what the vet is doing.
    LOL, yes she wanted to explorer this fascinating new place ... and yes, she did get a treat when she got home for being such a perfect girl

GretaGirl ... Pixel was indeed the name of a cat in a book, that's who my Pixel was named after! Pixel, the Cat who could Walk through Walls is a character in Heinlein's books. In the books, she's a He and a Ginger Tom! But meh!

What a good girl! I am due take Ebby to the vets for the first time in August, I only hope she will be as good!

Oh I hope that Oatmeal (the stray who adopted us) is that well behaved when he goes to the vet on the 16th...Our 4 don't fuss while AT the vet, but going to and from we have a continual chorus of meows......fortunately the office is about 5 minutes away.

Good girl Pixel! Please tell your mommy to give you some scritchies from me.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I'm glad the vet visit was good.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

what a good girl you are! you deserve a treat for being a well behaved kitty!