Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I DO NOT love my dog, like tonight for instance.

Sometimes I DO NOT love my dog, like tonight for instance.

10.25pm. I am sitting on the sofa watching tv (for a change), Bob is lying peacefully in his crate (door open) and I can hear Ebby playing happily upstairs. Everthing is hunky-dory.
    All of a sudden I see Bob lurch out of his crate and get something, and go back in the crate, no not Ebbs but one of her toy mice, I could just see it before it disappeared down his throat (Ebby must have thrown it over the stair-rail).
    Lured Bob into the living-room so I could lock his crate to stop him getting back in, rummaged and found the peroxide and syringe (sp), fillled it, hoping I had got the dosage right. Let Bob out and fooled him into letting me dose him, opened the back door and sent him out. Waited and watched him through the little window by the door.
    It is wet out there tonight and of course dark. I have the hall light on and the kitchen blinds open and with him having a fair bit of white fur I can see him pretty well.
    Five minutes, no joy, so I fill the syringe again, knowing full well as I do so I am wasting my time, he will never let me give him another dose.
    (Warning some yukkyness follows )
    Go outside with the syringe and shine the torch around, nothing except for two small piles of poop he has done....eeeewww and it stunk out there! Tried to give him another dose but no way....then he vomited, twice, and yes, the mouse was out!
    Clean up time, and boy was there a lot of clean-up to do! Cleaned up the poop...forgot to mention, it is wet and those horrible slimy slug things are out in force also.... wishing all the time the back light was working, hang on, maybe it is! Worth a try. Go inside, switch on, yeah, its working! Have light to clean up the vomit by, and there was a lot of it!
    All done, go back in, there`s Bob, waggy tail, big grin, the lot! Like nothings happened. And there`s Ebbs, all sulks cos her mouse has gone.....Dogs!!! Cats!!!...words fail me!

This is the same type of mouse as Bob ate, only difference the colour, Bobs tasty treat was yellow with black spots!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just one of those nights eh?

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

ChrisH,

I understand your frustration, believe me. Smokey was also
    a very bad boy last night. Thank heavens you had the supplies
    on hand & knew just what to do for Bob.Poor Bob was just
    to tempted by that mousie. Hope tonight is more relaxing
    for you & the furkids.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Actually concider yourself lucky that is was Bob (a dog) that ate the foreign object. You wouldn't be able to get Ebby to throw up that easily (a cat) trust me, I've had to try it. Cats just do not like to have to throw up if they can get away without it. Dosed Sterling 3 times with the peroxide, but he would NOT cough up the toy he swallowed!
    So exccept for the clean up (YUK) glad everything else went well.

How scary!! Glad the mouse "came up"!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Bob what a naughty boy you were, scaring your mom like that and ruining poor Ebby's mousie. I hope your tummy has settled down and that you learned a little lesson tonight. Mousies are for kitties and definitely not for eating. Maybe you can get back in Mom's good graces by giving her one of those adoring looks that you dogs are so good at. Ebby, if it's any consolation my dogs have ruined many of Trevor and Andy's toys. They just don't get it.

Oh Chris, I know all to well that frustration!!! I'm glad that Bob finally got the mousie up. Malone, too, knows all too well what the peroxide does and turns into a demon dog at the sight of the bottle. So we have to be very discreet and fool him into it, and everytime it gets a little bit harder.

Here's hoping that tomorrow will be a better day for you! And Bob, NO MORE MOUSIES!!!

Glad you knew what to do and Bob's ok. At least it makes for a good story. . . or, well, a gross story .

I know exactly how you feel!!!
    Glad everything came out errrrr ummmm ok??
    Hope tonight is better!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    Actually concider yourself lucky that is was Bob (a dog) that ate the foreign object. You wouldn't be able to get Ebby to throw up that easily (a cat) trust me, I've had to try it. Cats just do not like to have to throw up if they can get away without it. Dosed Sterling 3 times with the peroxide, but he would NOT cough up the toy he swallowed!
    So exccept for the clean up (YUK) glad everything else went well.
    I know what you mean Jen, it does bother me when I think about Ebbs ever swallowing anything that might harm her. Like you say, at least with a dog the peroxide thing does usually work.
    Originally posted by Pam
    Bob what a naughty boy you were, scaring your mom like that and ruining poor Ebby's mousie. I hope your tummy has settled down and that you learned a little lesson tonight.........
    Pam, Bob is just a bad dawg, full stop, when it comes to picking up stuff and swallowing. The sort of stuff, and the amount, over the years that he has swallowed is beyond the pale, and heaven knows what he has had that I don`t know about..... I remember one day he vomited up a very suspicous thing, it was small square of a brown, what looked like a little block of resin wrapped in thick plastic. I threw it away but when I described it to someone who knows about such things they said they thought it was cannibis!!
    And Bob was back to his naughty ways this morning while we were out for his walk! Twice he picked up stuff, twice I was standing in the field with my hand in his mouth waiting, and waiting, and waiting, for him to release it, PLUS he was growling and showing his teeth! Bad, Bad boy!
    The first thing was a smallish plastic type cup which was quite easy to get out of his mouth the second thing was harder..... I put it in my pocket so I could throw it away at home, I think it is still there.... yup, took a picture, it is the plastic thing on top of my tea caddy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. Oh Bob!!!! You silly boy. Toy mice are NOT for eating -- nor are plastic thingies. Stick to eating the wonderful cookies your mummy makes for you!

And I thought peroxide was just for cuts and turning hair greenish-blonde!

BOB-
    You nawteedog! No more mousies! Leave ALL of Ebby's stuff alone, ALL of it!!!

I didn't know about the peroxide....what do you do, how much do you give, etc?

Here is to hoping tonight is quieter....

Bob!! Nawtee dog!!! Ebb's mousies are not for you to eat--I'm sure your mommy has told you that!!!

I'm glad to hear that you "took care of it", and he's fine after the mouse incident.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    ........And I thought peroxide was just for cuts and turning hair greenish-blonde!
    Sara, so did I until I got this trash or anything eating dog!
    Originally posted by Cataholic
    I didn't know about the peroxide....what do you do, how much do you give, etc?
    Johanna, the dosage depends on the size of dog, and the strength of peroxide, I think! I just fill the plastic syringe half peroxide and half water, at least that was how I remembered to do it last night, and it had to be near enough right cos it worked!
    Okay, just looked it up:
    To make your pet vomit, give him household hydrogen peroxide (a 3 percent solution) -about one tablespoon for every ten pounds of pet. Draw the liqiud into a syringe or turkey baster, tip your pets head back and squirt it toward the back of his tongue. In most cases your pet will vomit within five minutes - (although it may not work with cats; even vets have trouble making them vomit) - If he doesn`t, wait fifteen minutes and try again. Don`t give a third dose, however, because giving too much hydrogen peroxide can be dangerous.
    Now you know as much about it as me! I am not sure if I got the ratio right in the dose I gave Bob though, the syringe I used holds a little over five ml and it was half and half peroxide/water, but right or not, like I already wrote, it worked!

p,s. Bob has been good tonight, had to be, he was banished to his crate for the night! Though to be fair it has been unlocked for a few hours now and he is still being good.

ChrisH, I know you love Bob bunches regardless of the cleanup in aisle 4!

A few years back Callihan destroyed one of my television remotes. A week later my wife was out in the back yard cleaning up the "waste" when she saw a "AA" battery laying in a section of the "waste"...

Callihan was caged during the day soon after that!