Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad story

Sad story

A friend brought this short story to my attention, and I thought some of you might be interested, too.

How Could You?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Warning.
    That story is so sad. I just started crying.
    People should have a license to adopt pets.

I can't stop crying!! As soon as I read the word "hypodermic" I burst into tears! Such a sad story and SO true. A license should be required for adopting animals AND having children. Some people shouldn't have either!

It happens all the time, unfortunately.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I've read this before, but I still read it again knowing full well I'd be down right bawling by the time I got to the end. I just wished that the people who really NEED to read this, WOULD.

I just wished that the people who really NEED to read this, WOULD.
    I agree but those who need to, don't have compassion. How else could they abandon the pets in the first place.

I have read this before too, but each time I read it I cry all over again. I agree with everyone else - too bad the people who need to see this probably never will, or worse yet won't even care, although I simply cannot imagine someone not being tremendously moved by this.

I have also read this story before but again I cried. I agree with the others. I wish that the people who really need to read this would.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I have tears running down my face now as I type this, it was a very sad story I agree with you guys, I hope also that people who need to read this would.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I've also read it before, but it hits me just the same everytime

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Yes, truly a tear jerker!

I'm crying That's so sad...I hate crying...Poor doggy
    I've been BOO'd!

Too sad!! I agree, people should have a licence to have pets!!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I havent read it and I dont want to.

I am still trying to recover from seeing a cat with 3 kittens at my local shelter yesterday - a group of young boys caught her and poked out one eye - they were busy with the second one when a kind sould put themslef in danger to rescue her. Thankfully she has retained the use of her one good eye, and has given birth to three of the sweetest kittens I have ever seen. And, unbeleivably, she still purrs and snuggles humans. How animals show such power of forginvess is beyond me. All i know is that one day those boys will have to acount for their actions...and they will get what they deserve.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Ally Cat's mommy- I agree with you, I don't have any clue how an animal could still trust humans after being abused like that.
    I hope that those boys get what they deserve, doing that to a poor innocent animal
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

that story is just sooooooooooooooo sad. no matter how hard i try i just cant stop crying! I just wish people that needed to would read that!!