Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Luna is sick!

Poor Luna is sick!

You know, she has this bad litterbox problem for a couple of weeks now (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=24170), and I often talked to the vet about it. She tends to think it's a mental thing, but recommended to have her urine checked if I was able to get some from her.

Yesterday she peed on the floor again, and I was able to pick something up, and I brought it to the vet today. They found bacteria in it and struvite crystals (I think this is what they called it), and she could develop bladder stones sooner or later. Also, it could be that she will always have bladder problems now. She's on antibiotics now, and the vet also mentioned the possibility of a special diet (but she's already eating Hill's Indoors).

Right now, she seems to have a temperature, probably from the shot.
    The vet doesn't think that the litter box problems are coming ONLY from that, but it could be one of several reasons.

My question is, has anyone here experiences with urinary tract diseases? So far, none of my cats ever had problems like this. If anyone has a good link about struvite crystals or stones, it would be very welcome - thanks in advance!

Kirsten

Poor Luna. I'm sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope you get better soon. I don't really know much about urinary tract diseases, but I hope it's something that you can recover from quickly.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

poor Luna! I'm so sorry to hear about her bladder-problems... .

I am sorry that I cannot give you any advise on this, as my cats don't have this problem. I wish you a the luck with Luna! She is in my prayers!

Thanks!

I wonder if she's feeling bad now! She's acting quite normal, but we all know that cats often won't show their discomfort! I remember how bad I felt when I once had a bladder infection, and I really don't want Luna to feel like that!

Kirsten

There are a few people here with cats with urinary tract problems, I'm sure they can provide a lot of information. One thing I remember from them is to make sure Luna is drinking a lot of water.

I also saw some treats made from cranberry extract for cats in a Drs. Foster/Smith catalog that helped with this. I'll try and find a link...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Kirsten, I'll send you a PM with some info, as Fister was suffering from the same. In the meantime, search for Fister in the title (last 6 monts) and you'll find some threads about it - and also some links in the posts.

Boots also had it, so take a look at "Boots the cat visits the vet" too. (Phreds)

Get better soon sweet Luna!!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I don't have any info to offer but I do hope that Luna feels better real soon!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Ti eats cranberry extract treats

I was told to give Ti 4 treats a day. He really likes them. Miley even eats them. I give her only two. You can get them over the internet. They are a bit expense.

Poor Luna baby. I surely hope she is feeling better soon!

Good vibes coming your way Kirsten!

SAS

Thanks everyone!

I will try to find out if these treats are available in Germany!

Kirsten

Oh dear, I do hope poor little Luna is feeling better soon. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Ahhh yes Struvite crystals, been down that road with Neko twice when he was just a year old. He's now known as the thousand dollar cat.

He's been doing great ever since and is on Waltham Control S/O formula.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I don't know much about urinary infections, but good luck with Luna and will be thinking of you two. If it's anything like the human version, it can't be comfortable. Give her a hug for us
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Poor sweet Luna... I'm so sorry she has urinary problems, but at least now you know how to approach it! Keep us posted!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I'm so sorry to hear that Luna has a UTI. Prayers are on the way for a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated.

I also don't have personal experiences but anyway I wonder how the vet could be so sure in advance it was only behavioral. I hope you can get more advice by others and am confident that there will be a solution that makes it better for Luna and you