Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Easter...

Your Easter...

As we approach Easter time, i am wondering how you all celebrate it, if at all, what does it mean to you? and do you do anything special or unusual or by tradition.
    I am curious how most Americans spend Easter, my sister is at this very moment jetting her way to L.A and will be spending her very first Easter in Las Vegas, now that should be interesting lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm flying home on Friday so I can spend Easter with my family. On Good Friday we have a big dinner with fish and shrimp usually it's just my parents me and my sister who will also be flying in for the weekend. Then on Easter we go to church and we all meet at my Aunts house for the celebration. We do an easter egg hunt for the kids and we all sit around and eat lots and lots of food and have a good time.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Just another day.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by Kfamr
    Just another day.
    Yup, same here, nothing special. Well, my husband will be home for 4 days, that's special

Brian and I usually split holidays up, spending half the day at my house and half the day at his. Both of our families have a big dinner, and easter egg hunts for the little ones.

Me personally, being pagan in a catholic family is difficult around holidays, so I time our splitting up of the holiday so that Brian and I are at his house at any point at which I would be uncomfortable at my own. The holiday "easter" means nothing to me, but celebrating Spring with our families is a joy.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Hi UAB - nice to see you 'chatting'!

Our Easter this year is going to be sooooo different! I reckon Good Friday will be a hoot - 'cos we're packing for our trip to Spain - on the bike! So many clothes - not enough space!!
    Then on the Saturday we're driving down to the south of England to Portsmouth to get the Ferry over to Bilbao (Spain) - we arrive there on Monday morning. So we spend the whole of Easter Sunday on a cruise!! Easter Mnday we'll be driving down through Spain to reach the Med., and on Tuesday should make it to our hotel for the next 7 days!! After which we do it all in reverse to get home!! Getting excited now!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Easter in Moldova is on April 27 - this year one week later than yours.
    I am an atheist, but still celebrate it as just another holiday. For Moldovans this is a family holiday - so, I'll visit my parents, have a special Easter meal. Women bake special bread - Pasca, very sweet, with different yummy things in it. Lamb is a traditional food and red eggs also.
    I can't wait.
    We have one more Easter - on Monday, one week after the normal one, when we go to cemeteries, remember the relatives, people we loved, drink a glass of wine for them and eat something for them. EVERYBODY celebrate it. Still, it's not a sad holiday.

Here in Australia we have school holidays (thank god for that) and we have a family dinner and thaats about.

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

We do church and we do dinner with my dad, but that is really about it.

Just another day
    That sums it up for me too!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

11. I was recently looking at family photos at my parent's house.

There was always an Easter basket with candy and a stuff animal. We went to Mass and then we would go to the "fancy" hotel in town for breakfast. My mother's parents came to visit for Easter so we were a large group and had a private room.

Then there was an Easter egg hunt -- a tradition we continued long after we were grown (even when there weren't any children!)

What amazed me looking at the photos -- my mother made new Easter outfits every year for my two sisters, me and herself. Our outfit was either a suit or a dress with a coat. The only thing she didn't make was the hat. My favorite was a red suit with a white blouse with red polka dots and a straw hat with red, blue and yellow flowers. The white anklet socks were a little distracting but otherwise it was on outfit I would still wear today!

This year my husband and I, my sister, my niece and my parents will meet for Brunch. I'm sure we will also have an Easter egg hunt!

We will be travelling home to my dad's house, for dinner at my Grandmother's--gram has all of the big dinners for the holidays, and it's wonderful to see most of the family together.
    My mother in law will be coming with us this year, and it will be interesting travelling with all 3 dogs!!

When we were younger, it was a different scene--new frilly dresses, with hats to match, egg hunts, and lots and lots of candy!!!
    This year I'm making an easter basket for the dogs.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

red eggs also.
    Ok, Vio&Juni could you please explain to me what a red egg is?

As far as easter goes there will be a sun rise gathering with the pastor and than a big family dinner.
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

We will celebrate Easter at home, alone, this year. Even our parents said they would wait to come visit......they want to come when the children are at home! LOL!!

We have many church services that we will attend, starting Thursday, ending Sunday, with the Easter celebration. Otherwise, it will be uneventful, just a thankful home, with two adults, enjoying the quiet (and each other) and the furry and feathered friends.

Logan

Normally for me it is just another day. If I'm home, I'll have dinner with my parents and sometimes grandparents.

Last year I spent Easter with Andy and his family. His parents are very religious and I respect that. We had a nice time attending church and then having dinner.

This year I'll be in Toronto with my friend and her family and participating in their Easter Parade.

As a child, my parents would hide plastic eggs all over the house. Some years we'd find an egg months later! LOL!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June