Thread: It's That Time of Year Again....

You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.

It's That Time of Year Again....

My poor Panther has allergies. We are not sure exactly what he's allergic to, but since it happens this time every year, we're assuming it's pollen. The vet has had him on antihistimines(sp?) for years now to help with the guy's snezzing and coughing. Well, now it seems as though he has developed skin allergies! From the top of his head to right above his eyes is dry and bumpy and it itches him like crazy! I have a vet appointment for next week, but does anyone know of any kind of anti-itch cream that is safe to put on a cat. I just want something that will make him comfortable untill the vet can give me something.

Hi, you might not want to put an allergy cream on a cat. The cat is likely to lick it off... You can try giving Children's Benadryl (adjusted for weight). It is available in any pharmacy and comes in a liquid form (for easier administration). The one thing is that the Benadryl may make Panther kind of drowzy, so if he sleeps alot that is a normal side effect of the meds.

Before you go giving your kitty people medicine, check with your vet.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.
    Panther went to the vet today and the vet raised the dosage of his allergy meds. He told me if his head broke out like that again that it would be okay to put a VERY thin layer of aloe vera on his head where it is broke out. He also said to make sure it was pure aloe like you get from the health store. He said he will be better in no time.

Thanks for all your help. I didn't use the benedryl though because he was already on allergy meds.