Thread: ham bones

ham bones

i know that cooked chicken bones arent good for your dog because they r too soft and can break and cause them to choke...but what about ham bones? my grandma and papa give their shitzu ham bones...i tell them not to, but they arent worried about it r ham bones different? i hope so, cuz i would hate to see anything happen to their little tia....
    I've been BOO'd!

I personally do not give my two GSDs any bones. In the past, I made the mistake of giving my Great Pyrenees a ham bone. I left her alone with it thinking it would be ok. In about 10 minutes or less, she had eaten the whole bone down to nothing. She got sick and threw the whole thing up! Since then, I have never given my dogs bones again.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Pork is a very rich meat, and I can't imagine it would be very good for them, but I don't really know.

thanx, i was just thinking that they could be bad cuz they are cooked...the bones that my dogs get are raw and they have no problems so im happy that i atleast dont have to worry about them
    I've been BOO'd!

any kind of pork is not good for dogs. i know several people that feed what they call the b.a.r.f. diet i havent tried it. but the bullmastiff that i show is on it. the owner had tried all kinds of kibble and he kept flakey skin had allergies hot spots etc. she check into the barf diet and starting feeding him it. his skin cleared up no more diahrea no allergies and his coat is so glossy. she swears by it there is alot of pro and cons on it some vets say no some vets i know feed it. to check it out type B.A.R.F. in and search there is all kind of info on it. i do give my dogs bones but i get them at the dog shows and they are uncooked they look like a hip joint. or something i call them knuckle bones. plus i dont give treats either as one milkbone is the same as you eating a snickers candybar. they do get boiled chicken and liver as a treat once in a while.

there is no pork on the bones though...just pure bone, and leather gets raw pork bones all the time and has never gotten sick from them
    I've been BOO'd!