Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who likes *or* loves COUNTRY music?

Who likes *or* loves COUNTRY music?

Just seeing who I can find people on here who likes/loves country music like me! So don't be shy.. hehe..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I'm a very recent convert - I used to HATE country music; I thought it was for rednecks and would lower my IQ. But, last spring when YLL and I took a road trip down to South Carolina and back, I had to have the country music on to soothe the savage beast in the passenger seat. I actually started to like some of the songs after having them pounded into my head; especially the ones with a humorous slant (like She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy, You Ain't Much Fun Since I Quit Drinking, The Fishing Song - I'm Gonna Miss Her, etc.). Some of the country music really ROCKS - it's not just about pickup trucks and broken hearts any more. I did like some of Garth Brooks even before I converted, like Friends in Low Places, but that song he does, Squeeze Me In, totally kicks butt!! Ya gotta crank it! In fact, I think I'll go crank it right now!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

I go through stages where I hate it then I love it... recently I've been in an "I hate" it mood, but there are a couple of ones I like floatin' around out there. lol

I like the old school stuff. New country is pretty hopeless, IMO.

Whooo-hooooo! Country music isn't that all BAD! LOL... not til' you give it a shot and you'll actually find that most of the songs are related to everything in real life - love, breakup, country life, some can be humorous, some can be sad, some can be romantic, and so on...
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Me??? A savage beast??? Naaaaa! You must be thinking of someone else, maybe dad??!! (I know the rats are savage beasts- almost ripped my arm off last night. )

Let's see yellow Labs, Lord of the Rings, Country music= my obessions.

When you walk into my room this is what you'll see , one side of my room/wall is covered in Lord of the Rings posters, desk lost amungst Lord of the Rings collectables, the other side of the room/wall covered Labrador pictures, dresser lost amugst Labrador figurines and other collectables, and my radio playing the Country station.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

not me!
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

I like it. I used to love it, but I haven't been listening to much music lately.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I like it... I love it... I want some more of it.....

Not I.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    It depends on the artist and the song. Unlike my sisters I can't listen to it all the time it just gets to me after awhile...that could be why I don't listen to the radio I need variety. But I do like it and listen to it when I get the urge.

Love Garth...then again how can you not?
    Old Reba stuff, her new stuff just as good.
    Nickel Creek..but I guess they're more bluegrass aren't they?
    Then it's just a variety of people usually only one or two songs.

I must say though, if you like Country Music, Calgary is the place to be for it during Stampede week. It's like country music 24-7, you just can't escape it, unless you're at the coca-cola stage but even they play some country.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Love Garth...then again how can you not?

Eeeek. Quite easily. Sorry....

I love it!! Half.com is the BEST for CD's that came out about 8-10 years ago. $.75 + shipping each!! I have gotten a lot of brand new ones. Favorite artists...hmmm...Alabama, Joe Diffie, Steve Azar, Martina McBride, Trisha Yearwood...Lots of them. I used to really like Garth Brooks until the whole Chris Gaines thingy, and he broke up with his wife. I had been really impressed with what he thought of his family, and then he cheated on them?? That totally turned me off.

I know what you mean... I didn't really care for the whole "Chris Gaines" thing.. and I still love Garth's music, doesn't matter what he did.. from rock to country.. but I was dissapointed with the whole family issue... but right now, he's retired, and making it up to his daughters..

I LOVE COUNTRY!!!
    ***I LOVE GARTH BROOKS when i was little I had this hige crush on him I was a strange child!

****By the way CountryWolf I love the new picture in the your sig.