Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My husband's car was stolen last night!!

My husband's car was stolen last night!!

...right from our driveway , when we were sleeping!!! We are still in shock. We live in a good neighborhood and a good part of town...the cop said that this is only his second auto theft case in 8 years of work. We do live on a fairly busy road and my husband's car was modified with rims and tail lights, etc. It was a 2000 Honda Civic SI, we still owe $7000 on it...

So he is at the insurance company right now, figuring everything out...thankfully it is fully covered. I just cant believe it, we are in shock, it just goes to show that this stuff can happen everywhere...even in parts of towns that you wouldnt expect it. We figure someone must have been eyeing up his car for a while now (being that we live on a busy street)...a neighborhood street, but anyway, they must have had everything set up to steal and planned it for last night...there was no broken glass in driveway...so they must have trailered it away...and we have never been late on a payment...

The only thing the cop said we may want to try and see is, sometimes, on a rare occasion, if someone is going to repo a car, they could possibley enter in the wrong VIN # into their computer system...and if they entered only off by one #...then they would end up going to the wrong house and repoing the wrong car...but those chances are slim...especially since it happened between 12am and 8am....ANYWAY, just had to share this shocking news with you all...anyone else get a car stole...it surely sucks!!

Robyn

OM Goodnes! That really sucks! I can't believe people do such stupid things. urgh!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

What a shock! I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hang in there and do keep us posted.

Yikes!!!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Wow... that's sucks.

My sister's car got stolen out of her ex boyfriend's driveway a few year ago...they left the key rhing in the driveway and my sister had to chase the car around town, herself. They evenetually spotted it in the bay, where a fisherman has seen the top of it.All her cds, rims, averything where ruined... why the people did this and ended up putting it in the bay? who knows.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Wow!! That truly sucks!! That is my absolute favorite car too!! (I was asleep last night, in case you were wondering)
    Thank goodness you're covered--I really hope they find the creeps who did this!!

I am sorry to hear that! I hope maybe somehow you can get it back/find it.

My old neighbor from Milwaukee had his '68 Camaro sitting in the drive way, and someone attemped to steal it. Luckily, their GSD, Sassy, chased the man away. Couple of months after that, he had his Chevy ? (some old car) stolen - the cops found it in a parking lot later that day.

Robyn, please keep us updated!!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I hope someone finds it soon!i cant understand why people do these things!
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

I know, I hope the car is found and the person who stole it, even more importantly b/c what goes around, comes around!!

I told my husband that maybe if we had a dog, he/she would have noticed the noise outside (I would like to get a dog, but he doestn think our house is big enough...) b/c we want a big dog...anyway, I will keep you all updated.

I had one car stolen twice!

Robyn, when I lived in downtown Philly, I had the same car stolen twice. After the second time, it was lost on the streets of So. Philly and when the tags expired, they finally notified me that they had found my car. Of course, the insurance company had already settled with me.

My best advice is to get a car alarm installed. Some cars come with it already standard issue, but my next car had one installed before it came off the lot. In fact, my insurance rate was lower because of the alarm.

I don't think you would want the car back if they haven't located it quickly.

I know how you feel. I was in total shock when I went to get into my car and it was gone. I thought maybe I had forgotten and left it somewhere and walked home. Slowly it sunk in! Then when the car "left the street" the second time, I knew what had happened. It was a Mazda 626 LXI - loaded with a great stereo system, leather seats etc. It just cried to be stolen! Oh well, I have a station wagon now. Not many of the creeps like wagons!

Sorry you had to go through this. It is such a rude awakening.:

It did have an alarm system and it was armed, and our front lights were on on our house....so it wasnt even very dark!! So these people definately knew what they were doing! Im thinking its jacked up in someone's garage and the parts will be sold...so we may never see it again...anyway, glad it wasnt a car jacking in a parking lot, or something, and no one got hurt...its just creepy knowing some thief was in my driveway last night!

OMG! How scary!

The ppl who lived in our house before us, were an older couple. He had just bought a new Chevy truck...a coupla months later they went on vacation. While they were gone someone stole the truck right out of the garage!! I don't remember if they ever found it or not... (I think it's a bit odd that they stole the truck but didn't bother the rest of the house?)

So while *we* haven't had any vehicles stolen, our house has been hit!

Wishing you the best!

Professionals

Wow Robyn, they must have known what they were doing. I suppose they disengaged the alarm system! Yikes. I suppose nothing would have stopped them. And yes, one must count their lucky stars that no one got hurt....! It is very, very creepy to think people take things that don't belong to them...and do it right under your nose! Unbelievable!

Hope you have good things come of this bad situation! Yikes.

Honda's are one of the most stolen manufacturers of cars. There is a high resale value of their cars since parts are interchangable with many different models. I heard that on a report on TV not to long ago.

I hope you don't have any hassles with the insurance agency on getting this settled. At this point I think I would rather get a new vehicle than get the old one back. It's kind of like being violated.

I'm sorry to hear it. I hope you get it back and soon. I had a friend whose brother had a car stolen from the driveway and they live in a very nice middle class neighborhood with the playground of an elementary school right behind their house. Just goes to show that theft happens everywhere.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
    Honda's are one of the most stolen manufacturers of cars. There is a high resale value of their cars since parts are interchangable with many different models.
    Not only that if it was a little "souped up" like they used to say, there is a big market for that with the kids these days and all their street racing stuff. There are all sorts of modifications that can be done to these cars relatively cheaply to make them go real fast, and that's what is really in with the kids these days, along with investing $40,000 worth of stereo equipment in a $20,000 car. I'm betting if the car looked "good" - not just a plain stock Honda, this is what happened to the car.

So sorry it had to happen to you, but hopefully the insurance people won't give you too much hassle.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl