Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Big Weekend ahead...

A Big Weekend ahead...

I was just wondering if you could say a little prayer for us...I'm pretty nervous about tomorrow and this coming weekend. I am going to be meeting up with my brother whom I haven't seen (or spoken to) for over 5 years. I am really nervous about it, and there will be a lot of swallowed pride, and bridges to be mended on both sides. I spoke to him on the phone 2 nights ago for the first time, and I didn't even remember what his voice sounded like. I just hope that everything goes OK, and that we will be able to get acquainted again without stupid pride getting in the way. I am getting all shaky just thinking about it.

I hope thigns go well. Give Malone a hug before you go. I'm glad you guys are getting together and trying to mend things. Good luck and try to relax some, go play some ball with Malone in the yard.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Its wonderful that you are meeting your brother again. Brothers and sisters are VERY close family members, and there shouldn't be any hard feelings between them, (even that I know some are wierd). I suggest that you meet with love, forget about problems of the past, and become as close to each other as brothers and sisters are supposed to be. Also, try not to argue. If he provokes an argument, try hard to change the subject, let him know that you are siblings and shouldn't have any hard feeling for each other. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I think Anna is going with an open mind and an open heart so don't automatically think she is going to argue. She is an adult and will act accordingly I am sure.

Good Luck Anna, we are here if you need us. You will be in our prayers!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by shais_mom
    I think Anna is going with an open mind and an open heart so don't automatically think she is going to argue. She is an adult and will act accordingly I am sure.

Good Luck Anna, we are here if you need us. You will be in our prayers!
    I did not automatically think she's going to argue. I KNOW she's going with an open mind and heart and I KNOW she's a great person and will do well. That was not my intention at all. Since, it seems from their post, that she and her brother have not had much contact for 5 years for whatever reason, I think this is a brave and courageous step on her behalf, and I was saying that if her brother argues (not assuming that he will), I was just giving her a friendly advise to deal with it with patience, since I know it can be hard. My dad doesn't have the best of relations with one of his sister, and although he tried many times to make it up, that argument's on her side, although I WISH they would make it up. It hard to believe that I've seen my own aunt JUST once and that I barely know her. I wish that no sibling would ever have to go through such relations (like my dad and aunt) but sometimes it happens and its just very sad. Good luck Cookiebaker! I hope you didn't mind anything I said as I said it with the most sincere intentions. You know you are one of my favorite PT'ers.

Good luck this weekend!! My sis and I aren't very close, but we do talk. My mother and I are not on good terms, and I will be very nervous when the time comes for she and I to talk it all out. Have a good weekend--let us know how it goes!!

Thank you so much, guys!

No offense taken Popcornbird. It's just a really difficult situation...things were so very ugly when he left. I hope that this time we can all rise above that which is immature & petty.

Thank you Staci for the reminder to keep an open heart and mind.

Ack it's today....

Just wanted to say good luck again. And don't worry things will go fine ::hug::.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Oh, good luck Anna, hope you reunion goes well. I will be thinking positive thoughts and you both will be in my prayers.

Chris

I couldn't immagine to not see my sister or brother for 5 years. I am sorry you had to be through this.
    I argue with them sometimes, but the next minute we're friends again. I wish everyone had the same luck with brothers and sisters as I have.
    Good luck, I am sure everything will be ok.

I hope everything goes well.

I have to go to school now, but I'll get back to here later!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

My wish for you...

Dear Anna,

I wish you the best of luck. I'll have you in my prayers, I know HE'LL be in the midst of you, when that 'reunion' happens...

A friend of mine e-mailed this to me few months ago. I always make it a point to keep a copy of all e-mails that are very inspirational... This has helped me Anna, I truly hope, it helps you too..

Best Regards,
    Rosebel

WALKING IN STRIDE WITH GOD

> The most creative power given to the human spirit is
    > the power to heal
    > the wounds of a past it cannot change.
    >
    > We do our forgiving alone inside our hearts and
    > minds;
    > what happens to the people we forgive depends on
    > them.
    > The first person to benefit from forgiving is the
    > one who does it.
    >
    > Forgiving happens in three stages:
    > we rediscover the humanity of the person who wronged
    > us;
    > we surrender our right to get even; and
    > we wish that person well.
    >
    > Forgiving is a journey; the deeper the wound, the
    > longer the journey.
    > Waiting for someone to repent before we forgive
    > is to surrender our future to the person who wronged
    > us.
    >
    > Forgiving is not a way to avoid pain but to heal the
    > pain.
    > Forgiving someone who breaks a trust does not mean
    > that
    > we give him his job back.
    >
    > Forgiving is the only way to be fair to ourselves.
    > Forgivers are not doormats; to forgive a person is
    > not a signal
    > that we are willing to put up with what he does.
    > Forgiving is essential; talking about it is
    > optional.
    >
    > When we forgive, we set a prisoner free and discover
    > that the prisoner we set free is us.
    >> >
    When we forgive we walk in stride with the forgiving GOD

Good luck! I am so fortunate that my brother and I are best friends. We're actually having lunch today together!
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Anna,

Have a wonderful time and just be yourself. 5 years is alot of catching up. But life is too short to hold grudges. I wish you much luck and peace in your reconciliation.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I believe your brother misses your relationship with him as much as you do. You will be amazed at the emotional healing that occurs when you make the decision to forgive and move on.

Please let us know how it goes. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!