Thread: Schizophrenia?

Schizophrenia?

I have been searching the web, but could only find two sites with actual information about Schizophrenia. Does anyone know any good sites?¿ We are doing a project in english about whether or not the man in The Tell-Tale Heart was schizophrenic, and I need to find information on schizphrenia. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by RockyRoad; 01-22-2003 at 07:27 PM.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

This is one link from Mayo clinic
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=DS00196

Floppsy, I don't know any good sites about the subject, but try a search for schizophrenia support groups to add to your research and gain another perspective.

Also, 'Games People Play' by Eric Berne is a great book about the scripts people run their lives by. He has a differing viewpoint than most about schizophrenia - a lot of psychotherapists write off patients as schizophrenics with a long term condition, while Berne believes these people can be treated as rational human beings and treated successfully. It may help in your diagnosis
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

You can also try here:
    American Psychological Association
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    Floppsy, I don't know any good sites about the subject, but try a search for schizophrenia support groups to add to your research and gain another perspective.

Also, 'Games People Play' by Eric Berne is a great book about the scripts people run their lives by. He has a differing viewpoint than most about schizophrenia - a lot of psychotherapists write off patients as schizophrenics with a long term condition, while Berne believes these people can be treated as rational human beings and treated successfully. It may help in your diagnosis
    Very interesting, I'll have to find that book. I'm familiar with this theory and have even seen a few case studies...but they usually occur in someone who has a mild form of the disease.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Very interesting, I'll have to find that book. I'm familiar with this theory and have even seen a few case studies...but they usually occur in someone who has a mild form of the disease.
    He died in 1970 and most of his books were published in the '60s. Might be interesting to complement your studies. He's also done a lot of work with alcoholics, which I'm not familiar with.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Thanks everyone!

If you find out any earth shattering breakthroughs on curing this disease, please let me know. My brother suffers with this along with some other mental health issues.

i had to do a huge bio project last year and did it on schizophrenia. very interstesting but scary illness. i would give you a ton of sites that i had saved in my favorites but we rebooted our hard drive and lost everything. sorry anyways, good luck with it! (don't forget - a beautiful mind is all about the subject )

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Go to http://www.google.com/
    and enter Schizophrenia...

Google popped up with 773,000 links...

Seems like the subject is well covered on the web.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Today I wrote my essay about the man in the TTH. I decided he did not have Schizophrenia, and that there is such thing as the evil eye. I think I defended my idea very well. It was hard to decide though. I would post the essay, since I am typing it, but I don't think it's that good so maybe I will when I figure out what it lacks, I'll have to see. But thanks for the help everyone! It really helped me!

hope you do well. let us know your grade!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road