Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT-transportation

URGENT-transportation

i am getting a dane pup in 6-7 weeks and need someone to picj it up for me. i will try to pay for gas as much as i can. it is in Ohio and it needs to be brought to Indianapolis, Indiana. please help ASAP!!!
    i have lots of friends that are breeders. if you are in need of a puppy let me know.

if you have a dog in need of a home let me know. i may take it.

Lexie- could you be a little bit more specific? I live in Cinti...

the puppy is in Marengo,OH. you can go to yahoo maps and find it.
    please if you can help!

if not there are other people willing to help.
    i have lots of friends that are breeders. if you are in need of a puppy let me know.

Lexie-
    Please don't misunderstand me, but, if you are seriously looking for someone to help...please give the specifics! When, where, what is it that you need....

well,in 6-7 weeks i need someone to transport the dane pup to me either in Terre Haute,IN. or Indianapolis,IN. she is not weaned yet. i can talk to the people and see around what day it will be ready.

Oh, what kind of dane is it (coloring), how old! I want details, LOL! Dane pups are so cute, I wish we could help but I'm no longer in Ohio, now I'm in Texas. Plus, I wouldn't want to give that pup up after the trip, I get really attached to puppies really easily.

Originally posted by Cataholic
    Lexie-
    Please don't misunderstand me, but, if you are seriously looking for someone to help...please give the specifics! When, where, what is it that you need....
    Lexie...I think what cataholic means is that usually people looking for transport have an exact route planned. Each leg of the trip is from one specific point to another with anywhere from a 2 to 5(or more depending if you find a truly kind hearted soul) hour trip for each leg. Those looking for transport usually post each leg of the trip, how many miles, a specific time period on a particular day, and asking if anyone could fill these specific times and places.

I wish I could help, but I'm down in Louisiana. Good Luck.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

The town that the dog is coming from is just northeast of Columbus. It's too bad that the breeder couldn't take the pup to Fort Wayne and then I could just take her down to Indy. Lexie said that the pup is only a week old, so it will be a few weeks before anything goes down. Is there a route 71 out of Columbus?? I looked at it last night when I wasn't at all to coherent!! lol What else do you guys want to know?? I have some info at home that Lexie gave me last night, but I'm still at school so don't have access to it yet.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

well,i'm getting pics soon. i will post them when i get them. i am only paying $150 for it. i didn't think that was enough,but they said i could. it sounds like a deal to me.

Here are the main directions from yahoo's driving directions from Marango to Indianapolis. Lexie will need to fill in the specifics such as date of transport, times, exact starting and ending locations and any other pertinent information. It looks like the majority of the transport is going west on I-70 from Columbus Ohio to Inianapolis.

1. Bear Right to take the I-71 SOUTH ramp 0.3
    2. Merge on I-71 SOUTH 20.2
    3. Take the I-270 WEST exit towards INDIANAPOLIS, exit #119B 0.6
    4. Merge on I-270 WEST 8.4
    5. Continue on I-270 SOUTH 8.1
    6. Take the I-70 exit towards COLUMBUS/INDIANAPOLIS, exit #8 0.1
    7. Continue on I-70 WEST RAMP towards INDIANAPOLIS 0.4
    8. Merge on I-70 WEST 165.1

Distance: 208.2 miles Approximate Travel Time: 3 hours 32 mins

Hope this helps.

this is the route that i thought the person would take...

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.p...Get+Directions

That is quite a bit south in Ohio for me, but if you really can't find anyone closer to the date let me know and I'll see what I can do

Yeah, Cincy's mom, it is way closer to me. I would be willing to drive to Columbus and back...which is about four hours total driving..but, the preferred method would be to head west out of Columbus, not south to cinti.

China doll- you hit it on the head. I should have been more specific. Usually, I see these things where the recipient does the largest share of the work...and Lexie, are you helping out at all? Before I invest four hours of my time, gratis, I would like to know that I am helping out a good cause. I only have so much 'free' time, and I want to maximize it...I am willing to help, though it might not seem like it, but, I just don't want to be taken advantage of.....even at this time of the year.

the map on yahoo maps says the shortest way to Indy is to from Mansfield down to Columbus, strait over to Imdy. is that not the shortest route?

i am trying to do all i can. what eles would you like me to do?

Could somebody who knows ALL the details about this
    whole "transport needed" thread , please explain it all to me?
    Why would a breeder sell a 1 week old (not weaned) puppy
    to someone many miles away? Can't the mother dog care for
    this pup, or the others?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt