Thread: Alfred is not well again...

Alfred is not well again...

Well, a few days ago , I was telling you that Alfred was getting better, but spots are coming back on his lips.... I have the feeling that it's also due to a sort of hormanal disorder. He has been castrated when he was a baby (not what I wanted but my vet thought it would be the best thing to do, as Alfred had an important libido...) but once or twice a year a is a bit more excited as usual and I can find stains on his "bed" (not very pleasant... but that's what we call nature i suppose!). Well Alfred is like that now for 2 weeks, he is excited, nerveous, jumps on people's legs,... and I do believe that his skin problem around his nose is connected to this. I think I will have to start the antibiotics again as the iso-betadine is not enough....

This all stuff is stressing me as well as I would like all this to stop soon...

any advise or idea...

Love from Belgium

Pierre
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Alfred is so cute. I hope he gets better soon.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I am so sorry to hear of Alfreds problems I can well understand how it must be stressing you out. I sorry that I don`t have any answers for you and the only suggestion I have is that you could maybe take him to, if you can find one, a holistic vet? I have heard that they sometimes can have success in treating persistant problems, and in way that conventional vets don`t disapprove of either.

Prayers for Henry and you too.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Pierre! Poor Alfred. And I understand your stress level! Might you consider consulting another vet?? Skin problems can be so persistent and difficult treat. Perhaps another vet might offer some other helpful treatment? I wish I had some helpful suggestions I'm a nurse, and when in doubt about a condition, I always seek out another opinion. I'll be keeping Alfred, and you, in my prayers. Please give the cutie a big hug from me. Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Re: Alfred is not well again...

Originally posted by PierreH
    Well, a few days ago , I was telling you that Alfred was getting better, but spots are coming back on his lips.... I have the feeling that it's also due to a sort of hormanal disorder. He has been castrated when he was a baby (not what I wanted but my vet thought it would be the best thing to do, as Alfred had an important libido...) but once or twice a year a is a bit more excited as usual and I can find stains on his "bed" (not very pleasant... but that's what we call nature i suppose!). Well Alfred is like that now for 2 weeks, he is excited, nerveous, jumps on people's legs,... and I do believe that his skin problem around his nose is connected to this. I think I will have to start the antibiotics again as the iso-betadine is not enough....

This all stuff is stressing me as well as I would like all this to stop soon...

any advise or idea...

Love from Belgium

Pierre
    How old is Alfred? What does he get for daily exercise? It is possible that he is actiing that way due to a lack of physical activity. Sometimes when we first change ovet to colder weather and spend less time outside or on walks, Goliath can get pretty excitable so we have to spend more time playing with him indoors.
    Kind regards,

James and Goliath

I will always strive to the be the person my Bulldog thinks I am.

http://www.bulldogdomain.com

Alfred is such a beautiful dog, I hope he gets better soon. He'll be in our thoughts.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

If the antibiotics cleared it up & then they returned maybe he needs a little stronger/longer doseage? I would seek a second opinion and possibly allergy tests. Good luck!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.