View Poll Results: Could you help me with my book?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I help wherever possible

3 37.50%
  • No, i can't help.

1 12.50%
  • Mabey, I dont read that much.

4 50.00%

Thread: oh, my eyes hurt

oh, my eyes hurt

I got a question i'm working on writing a book, and i need some new eyes(cuz mine are starting to hurt real bad) and views to look at it i'll only post little pieces at a time, i also need suggestions, its very important that if it stinks i need to know and I can even set up a poll so you can tell my secretly, if anyone has a problem with that just post or send a pm. thanks!
    Last edited by iceyshiver21; 11-22-2002 at 12:19 PM.

can you give a bit more info ? What is it all about , and what kind of help do you need ?

here ill post a snipit and if anyone like really dont like it i'll delete it
    He walked over to me and sat down with a smile, in his hand a fresh bouquet of flowers. Today was Friday, which meant no school for a few days, just us, in an open field having a picnic like two friends should. I leapt up but before I could do anything a shot echoed in my ears, he screamed out in pain, I couldn’t move my world as I knew it had just ended, we died together that day me and him, only of different deaths, him from a shot wound, me from a broken heart, my friend as I knew him was gone.
    here i hope you like it.

IC- repeat after me, I will not delete posts, I will not delete posts, I will not delete posts....he he he..

I liked it. Are you doing a book of short snipits?

I'm game! However, I prefer to give constructive criticism/praise privately.

You can email me at [email protected] if you'd like.

I really do not think I could help because I don't exactly know how to write a book like you do. But I saw the little bit of it and I thought it was really good!! I would love to, if you would want a 12 year old to help you! Good luck! I bet you will sell lots of copies of it and get lots and lots of money.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

I can use anybodys help, im only 15, so theres not much of an age differance. OHHHH>>>I almost forgot my mommy found me a contest im going to enter top prize is 100 dollars and you get your poem, essay, or short-story published in a book that they place in alot of libararys, the theme is "Freedom to read"

I liked it. Are you doing a book of short snipits?
    No but that would be fun to do though i might have to try im thinking of changing the story a little so i can personallize it some more, WAIT just got an idea, i really need dog names, if you type your dog names or just a name that you like i will inclued them in the book so basically all you can make the dog characters, just like give me a name, breed, personality or distigishing features then if i can ever find some one to publish my book ill put all your names(or nicknames) in the credits, if you'd like.

Are you interested in grammar and punctuation criticism? Or basically just the story line???
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

all of it. any help i can get.

Here you go:

He walked over to me and sat down with a smile, in his hand a fresh bouquet of flowers. Today was Friday, which meant no school for a few days, just us, in an open field having a picnic like two friends should. I leapt up, but before I could do anything a shot echoed in my ears. He screamed out in pain and I couldn’t move; my world as I knew it had just ended. We died together that day, he and I, only of different types of deaths. He died from a shot wound and I died from a broken heart. My friend as I knew him was gone.
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Thank-you, i realized a few mistakes and never got them fixed, and i see you fixed them all for me thanks again.

heres another snip-it
    I sat half way jumped up with a cold sweat all over me, breathing so hard I thought I collapse. As my breathing slowed I realized it was all just a dream, I relaxed, then panicked again realizing why I woke up in the first place, my ears frantically searching for the sound that had woke me. I relaxed again, recognizing the familiar sound. It was Alex.
    here hope you like