Thread: Pet Peeve...

Pet Peeve...

I really dislike it when someone deletes a thread because they don't like the responses they are getting...I went to reply to a thread just now and *poof* it was gone.

aw that stinks! I didn't even know people could do that!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I wasn't aware you could do that either Cookieb. But I have searched in the past for threads and they've disappeared - so it's not OLD AGE after all!!

Lynne

CB- this happened to me, and I, too, thought it was a tad bit wrong, and immature...maybe Karen can put her two cents in? Since she runs the show(along with Paul). I think it should be dissallowed....

hmmmmmmmmmm

I have deleted a thread that I created, without having had someone reply. I think that is the only time you, the author, can delete the thread. Maybe not, what the heck do I know? The thread(s) that I deleted were done some time ago, and I did it immediately after having created them. As I recall, there was nothing wrong with them, just that I either didn't hit the reply button or something silly like that.

What thead are you writing of?

Just curious!

SAS- I don't know which one CB is talking about, but mine was here in other...and the whole thred wasn't deleted, just one person's replies...so the thred no longer read accurately.

I don't think CB is talking about someone removing a thred as you described...and who wouldn't respond to one of your threds???

Re: hmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by sasvermont
    I have deleted a thread that I created, without having had someone reply. I think that is the only time you, the author, can delete the thread. Maybe not, what the heck do I know? The thread(s) that I deleted were done some time ago, and I did it immediately after having created them. As I recall, there was nothing wrong with them, just that I either didn't hit the reply button or something silly like that.

What thead are you writing of?

Just curious!
    Hi SAS, no that's not what bothers me. It's when someone creates a thread that un-intentionally becomes contraversial, so they don't like the responses that they get, so they push the delete button. I dunno it just seems childish & weird, and bothers me that they don't care about what other's think. So why did they post in the first place?? Isn't this place about DISCUSSION, which implies more than one person talking??

Oh....now I get it!

Duh, I didn't know that you could delete your reply once someone had posted right behind you...right after, I mean.

Edit/Delete.....hmmmmmmmmmmm. How odd. I wonder if I have ever deleted one mid thread. I don't think so. I just don't post if I don't want to have my thoughts shared! Sometimes I don't post because I just don't have enough time to reply to all these wonderful comments/threads.

Sorry if some folks heavy delete finger gets others ticked off. I wonder if they are deleting their comments out of fear or what!

Such an odd thing.
    Last edited by sasvermont; 11-20-2002 at 09:19 PM.

I haven't run across this yet, but if you don't like the answers that you are getting, DON'T read them. Maybe someone else might like to. So I agree...it is childish.

i agree with jen on this one!

To my understanding, if you start a thread and delete that first post, the whole thread disappears. Thats what you're talking about, right Cookiebaker?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya