Thread: Worried...cats not pooping :(

Worried...cats not pooping :(

So last week we had rain from Wednesday through to Friday, 8 or 9 inches, major flooding around my area, and I got some water in my basement which is where the litter boxes are.

I moved 3 litter boxes upstairs and have been checking them frequently. Everyone seems to be peeing but I realized this morning that, I think, Buddy is the only one pooping. I do not think Tink and Mama are pooping and no one is going to the basement. There are still 2 litter boxes down there. The floor is wet but no standing water and the sump pump and de-humidifier are trying to dry it up.

I don't know what to do. They have access to the basement and in the past the wet floor never seemed to bother them. They would go down and do their business as usual. I guess through this I have figured out who was pooping outside the box on the basement floor before this water thing happened.

Any suggestions on what to do. I would assume once the basement is completely dried up, hopefully by tomorrow, that the cats will resume going down there but I don't know for sure and I am very worried that at least one of them hasn't pooped since probably Friday or Saturday.

Is it possible that they have pooped somewhere else? Are they all eating normally?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Is it possible that they have pooped somewhere else? Are they all eating normally?
    I thought about that too, and I checked everywhere in my house, first and second floors last night. I didn't see or smell anything. Their BM's are pretty stinky so I think they would be easy to find. They have all been eating as usual as well. I am hoping to go home after work and find out that they have used one of the 3 litter boxes on the first or second floor, or, have braved it and gone down to the basement. If not, I guess I will have to call my vet.