Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing out short hair

Growing out short hair

......Bytes!!
    just thought I'd share that
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

especially bangs.

I second that one! I have been trying to grow back my hair for about 2 years, but ya know that length were ya just can't deel w/ it? Well I have made it that far many times & I'm back at that stage. I am trying my best not to cut it back off.

Lesson learned: never cut off your hair! lol
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Oh boy, do I ever agree. I get this bug about cutting my hair short every three years, it seems, and I regret it every time. I just don't look good with short hair! Hang on to the bad hair days...they will pass...

That is why I never cut my hair. It is down almost to my butt . Just a quick trim now and then and we are good. The only thing I rembered that I hated is when I had to grow out my bangs. LOL. I hated that.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Former User Guest
    I can so relate. I cut my hair in March this year, there went about 20cm's. At first I was happy but for the past few months, I have been so unhappy with short hair, it's just not me, and I do not know what made me to have my hair cut. When I finally get my long hair back, I ain't cutting it anymore!

Back in the 80's I had the "big hair" perm and color thing going on, and was that ever a pain to grow that out - I had straight light brown hair coming out for the first 6 inches and then this blonde frizzed MASS dangling below it . I tried to use some "defrizzing" stuff but that didn't work either, especially when the weather (or I) got humid. I had a co-worker that told me "I can always tell when you're getting overworked, because your hair starts to puff out!" Now I just have medium-length, straight, very low-maintenance hair. It seems like nowadays they have so many cute hair accessories to keep the bangs out of your eyes and cover up the fact that you're growing your hair out, like the headbands made out of fake hair and stuff.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Been there done that, time & time again (and I'm doing it again right now). Will we ever learn to just leave it alone? I doubt it!
    I don't look good with short hair either, but with my job I always have to put it up, and I just get tired of having it like that every day. But I'm really trying this time to leave it alone. Good luck to all of you trying to do the same thing!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I got at least half of my hair cut off last year because I wanted it to be short (not boy short, but short like a little bit away from the shoulders). Now that it has grown it is the perfect length. Now my problem is my bangs. I am trying to grow them out because I found out I was the only person in the school with bangs. But they are sort of long so it probably will not be much longer. I'm boring you aren't I?
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

yeah it really does bite!!

I am so glad everyone had this discussion because I have been thinking of cutting my hair again. I grow it out long and then I just have to cut it. Then I regret it, and grow it back and then cut it again, lol.

I wish I could have my hair long but my hair is so thin and I barely have any of it, it always just flys away and gets in my face. I always make sure that if I cut it it is long enough for me to pull it back.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

yeah definitely make sure it is long enough to pull back
    I hate my hair...it's sooooooo wild it's annoying
    here is a study of my hair styles over the past few years
    exhibit A -- a few years back

when steve and i first started dating

last January

this past summer

I miss my hair

I will be so glad when I can retire and let it grow out back down around my butt!!! And I won't care how much gray it has, either!! I'm starting to let it grow now, but then I have to pull it up and I look like a school marm - no offense to teachers but I'm over 50 so you guys know what I mean! It's in kind of layers, about to my mid shoulders now - and it's awfully thick and frizzes instead of curling and I know I should cut it - but!!! And I hate having the front cut short - I feel like a poodle. Sigh, what to do?

Let it grow, of course!!!

Thanks, all! I feel much better now!!!!!!
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

here is a pic from tonight...my hair sucks!! hehe

Originally posted by Lalania
    here is a pic from tonight...my hair sucks!! hehe
    Actually, Lalania, your hair looks really good! The curl around your face is very flattering!! That's why I keep cutting mine - it looks soooooooo much better than pulled back. I really like it on you. If you want it longer, just have it layered, and let it grow in the back and sides. That's what I've been doing. (But long-ish, not like a poodle!! ) I like the way it looks, you have a pretty color, too.
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *