Thread: 4-H Champion Snake Stolen At County Fair

4-H Champion Snake Stolen At County Fair

4-H Champion Snake Stolen At County Fair

REDMOND, Ore. -- Unfortunately, the Deschutes County Fair wasn't all fun and games, especially for one young girl who got a rude awakening Friday morning.

Kohlie Walker is part of the 4-H program at the fair, and had her red albino corn snake on display in the reptile section for everyone to see.

After Kohlie locked up her snake's cage Thursday night. She found out the next day that the safety locks were undone and the lid was open, her snake missing.

After word spread, another 4-H member remembered seeing someone walking around with a red and orange snake around their neck the night it vanished.

Kohlie says she is just very frustrated that someone would do this.

"The 4-H leader sent her son, and he couldn't find me, so he found my brother and told him," Walker said Sunday. "Then he found me, so we went over there, and the lid was completely open, and she was gone.

"I'm pretty frustrated. I thought he was lying when told me at first, and then we went over there and found out that it was true."

Kohlie's snake is a red albino corn snake. It's 32 to 36 inches long but fairly skinny in size.
    If you know anything about her missing snake, taken from the 4-H reptile center at the fair, contact the Deschutes County 4-H Program at (541) 548-6088.

http://www.ktvz.com/news/28795480/detail.html

How awful! I hope whoever did it is caught, and she gets her snake back! Maybe someone will see the news story and look through and pictures or video they took, and that might help catch the culprit!
    I've Been Frosted