Thread: Happy Independence Day!

Hybrid View

Happy Independence Day!

When I was a kid, I heard so many people say Happy 4th of July that I thought that was the name of the holiday! So Happy Independence Day everyone! Here's hoping you and everyone you love are safe, free and
    happy today.

Martina McBride is going to be the musical guest at the Boston Pops Independence Day celebration this year, and so we keep hearing clips of just the chorus of her hit song, "Independence Day," and I don't know how many people realize that it was not a political or patriotic song at all, but written from the point of view of a little girl from an abusive family, who mother ends the abuse by burning down the house with presumably herself and her abusive spouse inside it, but freeing her soul, and her daughter, safely away at the county fair, from the abuse.

So hug the ones you love, and have a happy day!
    I've Been Frosted

Hehe! Today's my cousin's birthday and he lives in America

When he was little, I think he used to think that all the fireworks and celebrations were for him

Happy Independence Day to all!!!!!
    Last edited by phesina; 07-04-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    Hehe! Today's my cousin's birthday and he lives in America

When he was little, I think he used to think that all the fireworks and celebrations were for him
    Ha ha, that's funny Sana!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE!!!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    When I was a kid, I heard so many people say Happy 4th of July that I thought that was the name of the holiday! So Happy Independence Day everyone! Here's hoping you and everyone you love are safe, free and happy today.

So hug the ones you love, and have a happy day!
    Independence Day doesn't really lend itself to being observed on the nearest Monday, as so many other holidays are here. It just works out right that it's on Monday this year, but next year if we did nearest Monday the Fourth would be on the Second!

Happy Fourth of July/Independence Day to all our American friends (and everyone else)!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Happy Independence Day!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Independence Day doesn't really lend itself to being observed on the nearest Monday, as so many other holidays are here. It just works out right that it's on Monday this year, but next year if we did nearest Monday the Fourth would be on the Second!

Happy Fourth of July/Independence Day to all our American friends (and everyone else)!
    Oh my! The day they move Independence Day to any old Monday, I think I'd just faint!!!

It'd be kind of hard for them to do if we keep calling it the 4th of July!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Happy Independence Day to my friends from the south and north-west. Have a wonderful, loving and safe day today!

My grandma from my dad's side came from Washington State when she was 16 or so.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Happy Independance Day!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

My favorite holiday! HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post

Dear U.S. PT Friends, happy Fourth of July! Happy Birthday America!

Karen, I was just watching the Boston Pops Independence Day concert on TV. For "Stars and Stripes Forever" there were five piccolo players from the U.S. Army (?) band and three in the orchestra. (as a flutist the piccolo part was my big dream and when I finally got to do it my senior year of high school, learning it was a big nightmare!) I've never seen eight people play it together, though! I was so proud but my cheeks hurt watching them! (My fingers still do it by muscle memory )
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 07-05-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear U.S. PT Friends, happy Fourth of July! Happy Birthday America!

Karen, I was just watching the Boston Pops Independence Day concert on TV. For "Stars and Stripes Forever" there were five piccolo players from the U.S. Army (?) band and three in the orchestra. (as a flutist the piccolo part was my big dream and when I finally got to do it my senior year of high school, learning it was a big nightmare!) I've never seen eight people play it together, though! I was so proud but my cheeks hurt watching them! (My fingers still do it by muscle memory
    Yes, I had it on the radio on my way home from watching the Newton fireworks, no orchestra, but we are close enough to feel the booms shake the ground, and smell the gunpowder. I wondered how the piccolos were heard so well on the radio broadcast, having 8 kinda explains it! My clarinet teacher was adept at every woodwind instrument except piccolo - his hands were to big to play it! My sister's a flautist, and so she also played piccolo, I stuck with reeds (clarinet and baritone saxophone, mostly!).
    I've Been Frosted