Thread: Poor Horse!

Poor Horse!

My neighbours have horses and today one of them got her leg caught in the fence. As luck would have it when we called the neighbours we found out that they were at a hospital and the womans sister was staying at her house but she had no idea what to do and knew nothing about horses. So she called her sister and her sister called a man to come out and help us get the horse out of the fence. The fence was completely wrapped around her leg and she ended up falling and tearing the fence down. She also got her neck jabbed by the fence post and will have to have stitches. I couldn't believe how twisted the fence was around her leg. The horses name? Legs. Thankfully though now she is fine (except for the cut) and her leg didn't seem to be hurt at all.

Good gracious, she's lucky she didn't do more damage! Poor horsie! give her an apple for me, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

Oh my! Peppermint treat from me!

They put her up in the barn. Their horses come up to my fence every day and the next time I see her I'll find something special to give her. Nathan absolutely loves them and he was so upset when she got her leg caught. We have an apple tree and every day he goes out and looks for apples that have fallen to give to the horses. He keeps a bucket close to the fence and fills it up for when they come by. It was weird though because they have never tried to jump the fence before.

Aw. Poor Legs.

A similar thing happened to our boarding horse, Comet. We had a "no climb fence" (we've since replaced it). Comet used to put his hoof on the fence and push it down so he could reach the grass on the other side. Well, one day he broke part of the fence and his leg went through. He got his leg weaved through pretty good. My husband cut the fence and we got him out.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla