Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am FREE at last! *Update* 6/23

I am FREE at last! *Update* 6/23

Hello my PT friends! This is Lady Boo and I just had to share with you that I am FREE at last of that things I had to wear around my neck!! I got my stitches out yesterday and my ear checked again and the vet told my Sister Mom that I could go around without that plastic collar supervised for awhile to see how I did without it. If I did good and didn't scratch where he cut me or dig in my ears I wouldn't have to wear it at all.

Well, when we got home, I needed a BATH! So I tired and tried to bath myself with that darn thing on and she saw that and realized what I was trying to do and took it off. Ahhhhh! People! I took a bath like you never saw! I cleaned and cleaned, took me a hour or better of cleaning to get myself clean like I wanted and when I was done, I was wore out! I rested a few minutes and then went right to sleep and slept the whole night (without that collar!). Hopefully, that thing is history!

Here I was just starting to clean when it was first taken off!

Now you can see I am getting into it!

Got to get that chest... Ewww, that was dirty!

And now I am done and resting, waiting to fall asleep.

Sister Mom says I have been such a real sweetheart through all this, been a real champ. I have loved the attention she had paid to me and how she has taken care of me, says she loves me more now than ever.. I have even snuggled with her on the sofa during all this and I don't snuggle with NOBODY! (She ate that up!) I just hope all this is over with and I don't need to be put in that porta prison and taken to the white coats anymore..

Lady Boo
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 06-23-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Hi Lady Boo!

My goodness, a gal needs her primping time, and you had it rough w/ that mobile prison for a while now. Glad to see you got in a good Spring cleaning!

I saw a bit of that ouchie, still looks sore, hope you can mend well without another "sentence" in the mobile prison.

I am so glad you showed your appreciation to your sister, Laura. She does try hard to keep you well, safe, healthy and happy. I am sure she loves having a bit of a snuggle from you, dear.

Best wishes

Beautiful Lady Boo! I bet that bath felt SO good! I hope you stay healthy and happy now for a long long time - no more porta-prison and pointy things! I know your vet was very very good with you though.

Does sister mom still get lap time? I hope so! Stay well, sweet Boo!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh Boo, aren't you just happy to be rid of that collar! I loved seeing how you enjoyed a good wash and I'm glad you snuggled up with your mom also. Happy days ahead! Hope the sore will heal up without any more problems.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Have a wonderful nap, Lady Boo, you deserve it after your ordeal!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Awww, I bet that bath felt sooo good! I'm so glad all is well and you are on the mend Lady Boo.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh my goodness, Boo... So clean and shiny you are!

You must be SOOOOOOO happy not to have to wear that Lampshade any longer. Prayers that everything heals up fine and you do not to go through that Ordeal in the porta-prison again any time remotely soon.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

You are looking good Lady Boo! I'm glad you are healing up and you can put that behind you now. I know you are a sweetheart because you're an orangie. They are the best!!!

Healing thoughts coming your way
    The Lewis Kitties
    Bailey, Cricket, Owen and Willow

Hello, Kitty Boo! I am so happy you no longer need the cone! I'm glad you are healing well! I bet the bath and the nap felt very good. I hope Sister Mom gets to enjoy more lap time with you. Big hugs for you and Caramella, Giz, Amy and Samantha !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Lady Boo we are so happy you are free at last. Winnie specially!!! She had to deal with a ebil cone herself a while back when she broke 3 bones. She sends special luvies to you.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boo, I am so happy you no longer have to wear that awful collar! Ming has had to wear one in the past and he knows the great feeling when that awful thing comes off!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Congrats Lady Boo on being free of the cone. You did great with it. Lady Jane lasted 5 minutes with it and it was off.

I pray you keep improving and feel much better.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I'm so glad to hear that you're free of the big cone and you can now clean yourself. I hope you'll continue to do well.

Good for you, kitty Boo! I'm sure you couldn't wait to give yourself a good grooming once you were released from that nasty contraption. You look beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Glad to see you're doing better Lady Boo!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla