Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Screaming dad

Screaming dad

Yesterday I was in Kohl's buying Easter dresses for Ella and I saw a family with 4 kids. Mom, Dad and three boys. One boy was just being a stinker he was about seven, the dad grabbed him by the face and dragged him away. When they returned I said to him IF YOU DO THAT AGAIN I WILL CALL THE AUTHORITIES. He got right into my face and said YOU ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. I just repeated what I said again. His wife said, What did you do? She looked disgusted and scared. The oldest boys looked shocked and frozen. I told the people at Kohl's and they were watching out for him. Hopefully the camara caught Mr. I am going to abuse my kids while shopping.
    I felt so bad for those kids. I should have done more but the guy was really in my face and I thought for a second he was going to hit me. Geez what is it with people?
    Anyway I found two beautiful dresses one pink and one purple plus socks for my little Ella who only wants to wear dresses now and be a princess.
    Little fashion princess. Her GG is only to happy to dress her.

Good for you standing up for those boys!

"The oldest boys looked shocked and frozen. " He was learning something, that is why he was in such a state. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Will we get to see photos of Ella in her dresses? They sound gorgeous! She will be all set for the Easter Parade!

This guy was most likely at his wits end. What he should have done was just walk away on his own and regroup. It isn't easy shopping with 3 kids. I had 2, but that is no excuse to abuse your child in any way, shape or form. The guy obviously has no parenting skills.

Hopefully, your confronting him will make him think twice about acting that way again.

I would've done the exact same thing. As much as the kid was a stinker, I feel bad for I'm SURE what was coming to him when he got home. I'm glad you stood up, Marigold!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm fairly sure that if I had someone interfere with me with my children you'd get the same result. I don't take kindly to outside interference.

But as bad as a certain nephew can be, I don't think I've ever seen you drag him anywhere by the face!
    I've Been Frosted

Face, no. Shoulder, yes.

Have an issue with something? Call the police.

IF you're going to confront me,, guess what? You'll get your confrontation. In spades.

IN addition, how intelligent is it to walk up to an evidently obviously irate individual and say something to make the situation worse?

It just defies common sense.
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 04-23-2011 at 09:24 PM.

In addition, I continue to love the blanket judgement of someone's parenting skills from a 10 second snapshot of one day.

You're not him, you don't know what else has been going on that day. Ever think he might have been a good person having a really lousy day?

I know we're all perfect here, but it does happen.

I was not worried about myself at first. I was worried about the screaming child. His dad was hurting him. I stated in a calm voice that I would call the authorities. He then EXPLODED. And yes right there in the middle of the girls clothing section I got scared, he was inches from my face and very very angry.
    I cannot stand by and let a child be abused. A dog, an elderly person. I can't it is not who I am. I will step in to help. His explosion surprised and scared me badly. I was shaken and it made me feel so very very bad for the kids. Is this what their life was like all the time? How sad. As I said I notified the store clerks several of them and I am sure they have him on film abusing his child. Perhaps the store detective could do something or perhaps the police were called by a clerk.
    This was one scary dud. Really really scary.
    God help those kids and the mom.
    Dragging a child away by the hair and the side of the face till they scream out in pain. That is sick.

That was seriously wrong of the father, kids are kids, they are little stinkers at first, let them grow up a little, I mean especially boys, they aren't the sweetest kids around usually. Boys are meant to be hard and noisy, its in their nature. He should have scolded him when he would have returned home, just be patient for the moment. Kids feel bad and angry towards their parents if they are scolded in public. The father should have been patient for the moment. My nephew is really a bad kid at times, but, he needs to be taken aside and then scolded. And grabbing by the face is seriously wrong, he could have carried him or grabbed him by the arm and then taken him aside and told him if, he did anotehr thing wrong, he'd be in trouble *at home* not in public...

And about the dresses, waiting to see them!! I really like purple and pink!

Here they are, sorry the light is not good. The picture does not do the pink dress justice.

It was late to be shopping for Easter dresses. I will ship them on Monday.
    I bought the most fun talking Thomas the Train Book for grandson.
    The thing about buying dresses for girls is there are usually so many. Not when I went but usually tons and tons. The problem is to not buy 10 at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    I cannot stand by and let a child be abused. A dog, an elderly person. I can't it is not who I am. I will step in to help.
    But isn't that you exerting your expectations on others ???

"I'm Back !!"

Whatever kind of day that father was having is still no excuse for removing his child from the store the way he did.

I have an example of parental stupidity...I worked at Petco. An idiotic mother stood by while her 3 year old brat (in every sense of the word, I might add) pulled a step stool over to the tanks with the mice and rats and began banging (not tapping, mind you) on the glass of the tanks. I politely went over to him and asked him to please get down (his @$$hat mother just stood there and watched) and he started screaming and spitting at me. I gently lifted him down so as not to huirt him. The biatch starts screaming at me, proceeds to put her kid in a shopping cart and WHEELED HIM BACK OVER TO BANG ON THE GLASS!!!!

She look like the type of parent that would sue should something happen to their kid because of THEIR own stupidity.

She complained to the manager about it. I told him flat out that I was protecting those animals from that kid. He told me I shouldn't have put my hands on him. True, but still, I was SOOOOOO pissed!!!

Another reason why I can't stand kids anymore. Lately the parents just don't own it, allowing their kids to create havoc.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!