Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updates on Everyone here...

Updates on Everyone here...

I want to start out by explaining my absence.. As most of you know I have been off of work and eventually lost my job due to being on disability. I was diagnosed in December with Migraine Associated Vertigo, but don't let the name of it fool you.. It involves a lot more than migrain headaches and vertigo. The worst for me is my eyes being so sensitive to light and problems with the vision in my eyes on bad days. I can't hardly stand being on the computer long periods of time anymore. I am on medication, 2 different kinds and while some days they work, the least thing can throw me off and they don't work. I have finally come to realize and admit I am disabled! Shopping is a major challange just due to the light everywhere so I am pretty much housebound away from bright lights. Nobody can tell me if this will pass or if I will always be like this but I can tell you it sucks big time! It has put a screetching halt to my life and the plans I had for my life... So, I can't even get on the computer to fill up all this idle time.. Just doing this will take me hours because I will have to stop and rest my eyes or I will get a headache..

It is also suspected that Lady Boo has tumors on her lymph nodes by her right ear that have grown into her ear. We have treated it as an infection in the hopes that that was all it was but the treatment is over and the bb sized bumps are still there only bigger. I am afraid whatever it is, it is fast growing because from the time I discovered the first bb size spot until I took her to the vet there was a whole line of them, it was only 3 weeks. Inside her ear was extreemly bloody, all fresh blood.. I have had a feeling something was wrong with her for awhile but was suspecting she was either going deaf of getting dementia. I am right now just trying to decide how I want to handle this and how much I want to put her through. At her age, any proceedure could be dangerous for her so I am not sure what to do......

Caramella still likes to play with her water, she has found a different way to play with it though..

Remember her picture weighing 8 ounces in this scale? She is now 8 POUNDS!

Of coarse, she no longer fits in the scale anymore!

None of them no longer sleep with me anymore. I saw a neighbor was throwing this out and asked if I could have it. Now they no longer sleep with me! They have their own bed! AMY loves it and claimed it as hers as soon as I set it up.

It's just a old Toddlers bed but of coarse, I saw it as a perfect Kitty Bed!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Laura, check your monitor - most computer monitors have a little button on them somewhere that lets you turn down the brightness - that might help you use the computer more. Do sunglasses help at all?
    I've Been Frosted

Thats what I was thinking too. Maybe a pair of lightly shaded sunglasses would help you see the screen easier.
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

You are missed, Laura. Thank you for taking the time to post this update. Sure hope it didn't do you in, start a headache going.

Look at Caramella, a grand lady cat now! Aw . . . loved seeing her with her "baby scale."

And that bed is the purrfect height for the window, at least it seems so from the photos! Love the first cover you had on it, the blue flower pattern with the rose in the center. How nice that Amy can get up on there!

Sorry to read about Lady Boo and the ear / tumor issue. I DO remember you commented once that you thought she was going deaf.

Keeping all of you in my prayers.

I am so sorry to hear about everything your going through. You are missed here.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Big, big prayers for Kitty Boo and for her meowmie! I missed you!

Aww, sweet Amy... excellent job of finding a new place to sleep! Giz, mmwah I kiss your outstretched paw! and Caramella- you are a lot bigger but definitely no less beau-mew-tiful! Kisses for Samantha too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I do wear dark glasses and a baseball cap when I go in the stores to help with the light, then I get eye strain because the dark glasses make things to dark to see properly..

I have tried many thing with the computer monitor, on this one I can change the background color to black but the writing is a odd blue color that makes it hard to read...so I get eye strain.. Right now I am trying a sheet of that window darkening stuff just laid across the monitor and it helps but not enough..

The problem is not just with the glare and bright lights but the eyes.. The MAV makes your vision go wacky, in and out, blurry and then good, you never know... I have been to the eye doctor early into all this thinking it was a vision/eye problem and I have seen him twice and it is not my eyes, it is the MAV causing the problems.. The medication will help if and when we can find the right one and the right dose (I hear) but that is trial and error. Found one that worked great with the vision, it only worked for 3 weeks then stopped working..

You wouldn't believe how people stare at a old lady wearing a baseball cap and dark glasses inside the stores and in public places... I hate wearing caps too, never did like wearing hats but you have to do what ever helps... That glare is like a complete system overload and throws everything out of wack so I stagger and bump into walls and stuff... downright funny! Standing still I can get motion sickness of all things... This has been going on since October and seems to be getting worse as time does on. I wouldn't believe any of this if I wasn't living it every day!

Oh, Laura, it's spring - get yourself a great big spring/summer bonnet, and then let 'em stare!
    I've Been Frosted

So Laura, you now have two repurposed children beds?
    So sorry for your trial.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

HUGS! Oh Laura, prayers for the right and great med to be found soon!

And poor dear Boo...are the tumours benign? Is there any kind of laser type procedure that might bring them down in size or remove them?

More prayers for dear Lady Boo.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Laura, I'm sorry to hear that you're still having health problems. Hopefully you'll be able to find the right meds and dose that will help you. I'm also sorry to hear about Boo. Did your vet mention polyps at all? Some cats get them and they can be removed but if you don't get to the root then they usually grow back again. I wonder if pred would help to reduce the inflammation and size of them. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both of you.

Caramella sure is getting big and she's so pretty. It's so cute that your cats now have their own bed and that they love it so much. Sometimes I wish that I could have my bed all to myself too. Please take care. You are very missed here. (((HUGS)))

Dear Laura, it is so good to see you back here, but I'm so sorry to learn of all you are having to contend with now. Many prayers are being said for you and Boo and all your family there. Thank you for the nice pictures of the kitties.

Big {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ to you,
    Love, Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

All I have done with Boo so far is that first vet visit where we treated it as an infection.. I am planning to make her an appointment with the main vet, let him look at her, discuss it with her and see what he thinks we should do... He KNOWS how we are about our fur kids and was the one treating Rie's Sparky... He has gotten so many panicked phone calls from us over the years, especially lately over Sparky... he KNOWS how we are...

Laura, it is SO good to hear from you. The other day I was on this site and it hit me that you hadn't posted anything for awhile. I was wondering if everything was okay with all of you. I am sending prayers up for both you and Boo. I hope everyone feels much better real soon.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Laura, you are a dear member of Pet Talk and I cannot tell you enough how sorry I am that you are having these health issues. I will light candles for you in prayer that you will get the right treatment and medications and improve.

Blessings and prayers for your kitties as well.