Thread: Wood Laminate Flooring?

Wood Laminate Flooring?

I am looking to replace my carpeting in my living room with wood laminate flooring but wondering how it will stand up to 3 cats. Buddy has pretty much ruined the carpeting in here. All 3 of them have all of their claws because I don't believe in declawing.

Wondering if anyone here has wood laminate and how it stands up. Welcoming suggestions and comments.

When I had my house, we had Pergo in our kitchen. It stood up to 4 cats beautifully and was so much easier to deal with then carpet.

I wish I could have it in our place now but I can't afford it.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

We now have wood laminate throughout out home and it is fantastic - easier to clean and very durable. Eve's claws don't even scratch the flooring and she now scratches her cat tree, not the carpet
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Wood laminate flooring is very durable, I've installed heaps of it, and am about to get rid of the carpet in my house and install it to.
    Hey, nothing lasts forever Helen, but laminate flooring is probably one of the most durable products you can get. They even use it for floors in shops nowadays, shops that that get lots of wear and tear from peoples boots....a quick clean at the end of the day, and it's like new again.
    But one of the most important things you must consider is quality, there are lots of cheapies about. A lot of this stuff is made in China. So don't go buying the real el-cheapo kind. I have found that the mid range ones are the best.....the high end of the range is so durable, that it's used for areas of EXTREME wear......mid range is good for houses with pets.
    I was looking at some yesterday....the prices ranged from $15/m2 to $40/m2, the one I settled on was $22.50/m2.
    Food for thought from a builder.

"I'm Back !!"

Oh....I forgot to tell you.....even ostriches like it, they can slide from one end of the room to the other effortlessly

"I'm Back !!"

Just remember, w/ laminate: if it gets wet, you MUST pick up / dry it immediately, don't let it sit. The top will separate and peel off.

We put laminate in our diningroom 3 years ago. Three years of kids, hauling firewood across it, dogs, cats, my boots, etc......It looks as good as it did when I installed it.

Was at Lowe's today looking at the wood laminate. I REALLY like the Pergo. There was a cherry oak that was beautiful. I am very excited about getting the wood laminate. Hope I can afford it.

I've got it in my living room and hallway. I got it before I got my current cats so they've always had it but my last one took about a week to figure out how not to crash into the wall while tearing around the corner from a carpeted room into the hallway. Keep in mind it's a bit noisier than carpet too. You'll hear hard objects that the cats are playing with on the floor.

My grandpa has wood laminate throughout his house. He's got three cats, and it looks like new still.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

My son is installing laminate flooring upstairs now!!! I love it, and so do all cats!!! It is easy to clean too!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge