Thread: Prayers for Mandy and Ebony, please

Prayers for Mandy and Ebony, please

No big issues, but I sure would appreciate some prayers to help them along.

Yesterday, both went in to the vet for dentals.

They were both way over the top nervous, so they had to be sedated prior to the anesthesia.

Ebony had tartar and gingivitis, so we expected her to have a lot of work done. Nope! Cleaning and polishing, and she is good to go. She got her 3 years rabies shot too, so she won't need to make that hard visit again for a while. She seems to be doing well this morning, recovered from everything, out of the spare bedroom and vocalizing to any and all who will listen: I'm HUNGRY! I gots to make UP for that time of no food!" He heee. She did have to have sub q fluids, as she was under a long time, longer than expected.

Mandy had a bit of tartar, so we expected her to need a cleaning and a polish. So both cats were put under together, and work done on Mandy first, expecting Ebs to be the one needing work done. Didn't work out that way.

Mandy had major gum recession on the lower rear molars, so both of those came out; and she had managed to break her front upper left fang in the past 2 weeks (no idea how, and I didn't know this) so that came out as well. She must have had quite a lot of pain from all of this, the vet says, so in time she should feel lots better. She had to have IV fluids as it was quite a job getting those 3 teeth out.

Starting this morning, I am to give Mandy liquid meds in an oral syringe: pain meds morning and night for 2 days, antibiotic morning and night for 7 days. This morning's meds did NOT go well. Mandy has remained quite feral in spite of being an indoor cat for 4 years now, since she was trapped at about 3 to 4 months old. (She spend a year with Donna, MoosMom, and still didn't come around!). Mandy typically wants NOTHING to do with me, and this morning, she was worse than usual. I got about half the pain meds in her mouth; the rest of that, and all the antibiotics went over her, me and the chair.

Mandy has been living in the spare bedroom since July of last year; after 4 years, she and Tommy decided they can NOT live together. So she is contained in one place, which makes it easier for me to monitor her; and all the more odd that she found a way to break a fang.

So if you could, spare a prayer for Mandy as I am sure she is feeling out of sorts today and for a couple of days. Thanks.

Healing thoughts coming their way.. Poor babies...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I know that Michael, Joseph , John Hancock and Princess
    all veterans of Dental Visits will be there for Mandy and Ebony to keep them company and help them through what can be a scary trip for Our Cat Companions.
    We are paryiong taht all be well, when they come home.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Many prayers and good healing wishes and energies for Mandy and Ebony both, as they get their teethies taken care of.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers for Mandy and Ebony - and especially Mandy! I wonder if her pain meds could be compounded into a gel?

I hope she feels better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Good wishes for Mandy and Ebony... and you who has to give meds to Mandy. Maybe you could squirt the med on wet food. That's what I had to do with Luke (in December) because I just could not get meds in him (and he has never been feral). As with you, they ended up on me & him & the floor... Kay in NC

Wow! They both have been through a lot so hopefully in a few days they'll be more relaxed. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both Mandy and Ebony. My Ziggy also has some gingivitis so I've been brushing all of my cats teeth at least once a week. I'm hoping to avoid having to put Ziggy through a dental because she too becomes very scared at the vets.

Big prayers for Ebony and Mandy! And a gentle *kiss* too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

You got it! Prayers are going out for both Ebony and Mandy! Feel better soon, girls!!!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Of course, prayers for both going up right now. And you, too, Sandie.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11