Thread: new blankets!

new blankets!

I did some major spring cleaning yesterday and put on brand new bedding. I really wish I made a video of the process of stripping the bed and putting new bedding on.

My favorite part was taking the mattress off to put on a new bedskirt. I would move one cat and another would show up. I removed the second cat to find a thrid. Remove that one to find a dog. And so on. The cats were having a blast and I was having just as much fun chasing them off the bed.

Hubby heard me telling the cats, "Mikey, off!" "Trixie, move it!" "Callie, not you too!" and told me to just shut them out of the room.... but where's the challenge in that?

How is it that cats can make a boring chore fun?

Ha haa, I can easily picture this, as I get lots of "help" with bed changing as well!

Hiding under the fresh sheet, rolling over and over and getting wrapped up in it, is a huge favorite here, lol.

Hubby doesn't know what fun he missed! And hey, he should have helped with the bed skirt; moving a whole mattress is a challenge even without furry helpers!

That is too cute. Pics would have been funny. I go through that with mine when I change bedding. They do love to "help". I have already takend two corners of the bedding off, moved a cat, took off the rest of the bedding as well. We just love our pets don't we? Our goal is to make sure they are happy and comfy so they return the favor.

Yep! I know that program all to well here too! Clean sheets must make a lot of noise! (in a cats ears)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Hee hee!! That reminds me of my Taz. He would ALWAYS jump up on the bed when I was putting on fresh sheets. I wouldn't move him though. I'd just make him up in the bed. He loved it!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

The odd thing in changing new blankets for old at The Found Cat Hotel is when you but the old blankets into piles and the Ctas all jump and play on them .
    I am going to put Mac Tac in the front windows so I can have more sunlight in the house and more sun spots for My 4 Survivors and All Of My Angels and Vistors to snooze on when summer arrives!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh My, I can imagine what a challenge (and fun) changing the bed was. You are a patient person. Luke & LilGirl do not "help" me which is fine with me. Actually I dont think LilGirl can get on the bed by herself; she never has... Kay in NC

This is what usually happens on bed-changing days at our house.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I always chase at least one off the bed while they are sleeping to change the sheets, then Owen and Willow always end up on the bed tunneling thru the fitted sheet and playing while I'm trying to remake the bed. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes its annoying

I dare anyone to say that their cat has never jumped on the bed while you're trying to make it. If so, then it's rare.

It depends on my mood I guess, but most of the time I get a kick out of it when just as my sheet is ready to settle down on the bed after I fluff it up in the air and one or two cats come running under it. I usually just leave them be and continuing on. Then of course I have the others who like to lay on the dirty sheets on the floor and just won't move when I try to pick them up.

Gotta love these kitties of ours. They sure bring a smile to my face everyday, that's for sure.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010