Thread: Prue is going to go to a doggie daycare!

Prue is going to go to a doggie daycare!

I have been taking little Ms. Prue to lots of parks, including a dog park. She spends 24/7 with me most days. I need to have her a little more independent without her feeling abandoned, so I have decided to send her to a doggie daycare (small facility) once a week.

Prue has turned out to be a good, good girl and is the light of my life right now. I still love my kittens, but gee, there is nothing for a companion, like a dog. She goes everywhere (nearly) with me.

I have a couple of photos taken earlier this summer and winter.

I had to add my sweet kitty, Lucy, too. She says hi to everyone too!
    Last edited by sasvermont; 01-10-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Oh, Prue, have fun at daycare! I am sure you will make lots of new friends!

Psst - and hi, Lucy!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh My Goodness, HOW CUTE! In that first picture, where are her little eyes? LOL Oh, I see them in the 2d pic. She is adorable! I hope she likes doggy daycare. Hi to your Lucy cat. Kay in NC Mon 1.10.11

Prue sure is a cutie and you're right, dogs do make great companions even if you do have the kittens. Just altogether different.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Ohh, I just love her! She is soooo cute!

She is a sweetie!! Soo cute, little Prue! I'm sure she'll make lots of doggy friends. Great place to learn good social skills!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

She's so adorable. I'm sure she'll enjoy going to doggie daycare. Lucy is gorgeous too.

They're both beautiful!

I hope she enjoys her daycare days!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Prue is such a cutie! I bet she loves daycare!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Well, hello Miss Prue You are as cute as a button. Are you enjoying
    your daycare adventures yet?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today was her first day!

I dropped her off at 8am and will pick her up at 5ish. I got lots done without her following me around. I know it sounds silly, but I can't even go to the bathroom without her following me. When I was working, I wouldn't see her for 10 or 12 hours at a time, but now that I have retired, it's 24/7, except when I opt to take off by myself which is not that often. Tomorrow I have an early Dr. appt. but will let her sit in the car during the visit, thus, she will still be with me.

I just bought a wireless containment system for outside and hopefully will have it working by this spring. That should give me a little break while we are outside, anyway. She is one to just take off if the spirit moves her, and I don't have a fenced in yard. This system is portable and should work at the back of the house, keeping her out of the road. I'll let you know how it works. It wasn't that much money. Cheaper than an emergency visit to the ER if she was hit....etc.....

I can't wait to pick her up and actually thought about sneaking there this afternoon, to check on her.................then rethought the idea of doggie day care and decided they would think I was a wacko!

I am a wacko!

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    I am a wacko!
    Join the club!

She is lovely, growing up quickly! Hi Lucy!

I can't even go to the bathroom without her following me.
    Don't complain - - I have FIVE of them following me in there!

Just a note, I am not a fan of those wireless containment systems. Here is why:
    1. if the dog wants to chase a squirrel, it will; the short "zap" it feels is nothing compared to the thrill of the chase! And sadly, dogs do get hit, as a result. I've had TWO friends w/ these type systems lose their dogs this way.
    2. it does not stop any wild animals (or stray dogs) coming IN to your yard. I don't know about where you live. We have coyotes here. I had to put up a 6 foot fence to keep coyotes OUT, not to keep my flock IN.

She's exhausted

Well, she was very happy to see me. According to the staff, she played all day. She did eat some dinner after getting home, but has been out of it the rest of the time. I figured she played for at least 6 of the 8 hours she was there.....

The containment system .... hmmmm..... this one will be only a backup. I won't be leaving her outside by herself. She is pretty sensitive to touch so I am hoping she will be good about the signal and then the shock. It will be interesting to see if it works, but the first time it fails, I will make sure never to trust it again. She is a fast learner, so I am hoping she will catch on nicely and behave. Thanks for your input. I have a friend who has one and it seems to be working with her dog. She has a Lab mix and the doggie stays putt.

I hope to take Prue to the daycare once a week. It is $18 a day, right now, so I can afford one day.......

sleepydogkennel.com