Thread: pics Luke got a "lion cut"

pics Luke got a "lion cut"

Sat, 1.1.11
    Every 3 months I take Luke to the groomer to get a "lion cut" because his hair gets long & sometimes he has bm problems & he needs a bath & a cut & toenails trimmed. He got his cut this past Wed and wow he sure looks and smells better. He feels like velvet. Groomer left hair around his face, his feet, and end of his tail. Yes, he is plump... was 27 lbs, now 22. Now that he is on all canned food, maybe he can lose more. Also now that he feels better he is more active.

Do you take your cat to the groomer?

I had never done this until he had a bm problem a year ago, cleared up, but then big problem recently. You may recall he had severe constipation in early Dec & required 4 trips & 5 enemas to "get him unplugged". Anyway I think he's ok now. Kay in NC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1652.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	686.5 KB 
ID:	46621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1653.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	965.1 KB 
ID:	46622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1656.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	445.7 KB 
ID:	46623   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1663.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	1,001.0 KB 
ID:	46624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1697.JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	570.9 KB 
ID:	46625  

It's good he's losing weight, and also good they didn't trim him TOOO close.
    I've Been Frosted

Luke looks great! He's gorgeous! My Missy and RB Sassy is/was short haired cat(s), no groomer, just regular brushing.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

He looks like he's wearing slippers!

Leo, just look at your handsome self! You DO look like a velvet covered kitty cat!

He hee, because the fur at his feet changes to the darker shade, he looks like those paws are HUGE!

Keep up losing the weight, Leo, it is really great that you are!

Oh wow, I didn't know you could do this to kitties It is really cool looking! I bet he would looooove that cut in the summertime! It's really good that you have found a way to help his bm's. And at the same time, he looks very handsome! Just like a lion

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Luke, I love your beautiful face. Please have your mum give you a (((HUG))) for me, some for the dogs too. Happy New Year!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I was thinking I need to start doing this with Giz. She is having bad BM's that are full of fur and always throwing up rather large ones too. It is to much fur for her system to handle and it's been worrying me for awhile now. I have been adding pumpkin to their food for all of them (sometimes she refuses to eat it though) and it is helping. I also changed their food so she is not throwing up as much but I still feel she needs to get rid of some of that fur as she ages.. Do they have to sedate them to do that?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I've never taken any of my cats to the groomer. But I did take my friends Maine Coon there twice while I was watching for 4 months. He didn't have long hair, but he was so big he couldn't keep his bottom clean and he is polydactyl and I wanted his nails done by a professional in addition to me doing it at home.

I think Luke looks very handsome with his lion cut. He looks proud too. Some of the other kitties I've seen do not look so happy with this cut.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Laura's babies: Hi,

NO, They do not sedate him. I've asked &have been assured he is not sedated because I would not want that. The main groomer says it takes 3 people to do Luke. He doesnt like it but he tolerates it. He usually is tired though when he gets home.

Do you use Laxatone? It sure helps Luke & I use a small amount every day... especially since his constipation problem. Also I used to mainly feed him dry food but have switched to canned food such as Wellness & W/D. It's expensive but it is helping very much. Kay in NC

Luke, you are the most unique Little Lion that I have ever seen, with our Siamese Face and velevet tan coat
    We are so glad that you are losing weight, that will stop so many things from bothering you as you become a Senior Kittyzen
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hi there, handsome Luke! Wow, you look so regal with your new lion cut. It looks great on you. Would you ask your Meowmie to give you lots of scritchies and lovies from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

He's such a handsome boy. I'm glad to hear that he's doing much better with his constipations problems too. I used to take all of my long haired cats to the groomers for lion cuts in the summer time. Last year Sky became so upset and nervous that he got himself sick and he started having asthma attacks.

The groomers said that he'd need to be sedated the next time. I now have 2 new kittens that are also long haired but I've decided no more lion cuts for any one. The stress on them just isn't worth it. A friend of mine has her vet give her male cat a butt shave because he also gets his stools caught his fur sometimes and he also gets matted.