Thread: Happy gotcha day, jake!!!

Happy gotcha day, jake!!!

Well, Jake is safe and sound and settling in nicely. When I first got to the Saybrook Animal Shelter he hissed at me. Once I got him home and set up, he was rolling on my bedroom floor!! He's very fond of catnip. Kate, the ACO told me not to feel bad if it doesn't work out, I can always return him. THAT will never happen!!! I'll post pictures over the weekend.

Merry Christmas my BIG BOY!!!! (ALL 19 LBS OF HIM!)

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I missed this completely! Happy Gotcha Day, Jake! handsome sweet tuxie boy!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! 19 pound (yes, you heard me right) Xavier, soon to be known as Jake will have a permanent home for Christmas.He's about 8 years old and was given a clean bill of health (althought he is overweight). Negative for both leukemia and aids. UTD on his shots and neutered. He's a real marshmallow (as you can see by the video). I'm excited and have decided to make it a Ploss tradition. If I lose another cat, I'll find an oldie but goodie to take home with me.

Jen,

Thank you for your generous offer to give him a home. I was so worried about what I'd do if he was positive. You put my mind at ease. oxoxoxox

He's definitely going on a diet. Good thing he doesn't eat canned food. He's going to fit in GREAT!!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Jake has arrived, move in, settled in, and declared this patch as HIS! HE he heee, wonderful news, Donna.

I'm glad to hear that he's already making himself comfortable in your home. Now hopefully your other cats will accept him and he will also accept them. Good luck.

There's still some hissing (at me) but I attribute it to all the different cat smells.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Oh, Jake... Welcome HOME!!!!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Wow , this ceratinly is a gala day for Big Jake!!!
    We think that Cat Nip and some Whiskas emptations will make Big Jake realize what a Good FurrEver Home he is getting!!
    ConCatUlations on the beginninh of a Beautiful Friendship !!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY JAKE! (and his Mom) I will be watching for the pictures!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Congrats! Jake is a lucky guy.
    Very handsome Full figured guy!
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Full figured like me!!

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY JAKE!!!
    How wonderful he ended up at a really cat lover girl's home.
    that lucky guy!
    Donna....hope your doing great.i miss you.i think we've moved since last i have talked w/you on the phone.
    we are close to bangor.it is so lovely here and very very snowy...that's why i replyed on pettalk yeterday and today.I wait all year to be in a good mood.....lol
    i love the winter snowstorms more than any other season....i get very uplifted
    and just get full of positive energy (thank goodness huh?,lol )

soooo,i guess i'll see you and everyone else...next snowstorm.....
    donna,pm me if you ever want to talk....we have a new phone# now.
    Be happy,Well and keep up your ever lasting Godgivin strength to help all the cats that you help rescue.keep rescuing if you can....i wish i saw ANY cats around here.if they get out...cayotees,bears and foxes eat them for appetizers.
    i haven't seen one cat outside except my neighbors...it got eaten that day.
    i was so upset,but can't make waves....nieghbors and friends are good to have.
    everyone has different ways of thinking and it all depends on what we all see or have seen and learned.it's noone's fault,just need education on certain things.
    i know i needed talking to about outdoor cats at first
    thankfully noone got hurt.i got my kitty in before (i myself died of a heart attack,lol)

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix