Thread: Is it just me....

Is it just me....

I cannot believe the lengths some people won't go to avoid dealing with a vet!

I had heard a radio announcement advertising a site called JustAnswer and out of curiousity I Googled it. The first hits I got were on how the site was a scam.

First off, the ad I heard never said anything about a fee so I knew this didn't bode well.

It was when I got to this 'complaint' about the site that I had to just shake my head....

“I needed some advice on a wound my cat received by a raccoon. I needed the information immediately and this seemed like a good option. I asked the question and was asked how much I would pay- I chose 13.00. It directed me immediately to paypal where I paid the amt. in full using my bank acct. Received the receipt and waited. About an hour later I got an email that I had a response. I went to retrieve and it asked me to pay… I contacted customer service and they said I had not paid. Checked paypal and it was received by them- also deducted from my bank acct. I sent them the receipt and went back and forth with about 20 emails. Got no where but the run around. I asked for a phone number – I called, no one answers… so left a message. 2 days later and have gotten nowhere. I am really ticked off- not even just the money- but the principal and the time I have taken on this! Ridiculous… DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY- YOU WILL BE SORRY!”http://computersavvy.wordpress.com/2...ad-investment/

Is it just me or does that person deserve to be ripped off for being willing to pay $13 to some scam site when she could have called a real live vet for free???? I only hope the cat turned out to be ok after all that.

Comments/thoughts?

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

they got what they paid for..

I understand that in some cases you just want sort of an opinion not a diagnosis.. and sometimes you don´t want to hand out several $$ just to get told.. just give fluids and rest.. or just keep clean.. or whatever..

but some people go to the extremes.. like this case you mentioned.. a call would´ve been better IMO..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    First of all - cats and raccoons together spell trouble. This person definitely should have called a vet and not a scam website. Should have gotten a big clue as to what it was when asked how much she/he was willing to pay. BIG DUH!!!

Sure hope this person was smart (??) enough to make a vet call, and still isn't waiting for an answer 2 days later...........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Its like DUU you fool.. I am sitting here just a shaking my head..

pomtzu = I so aggree with you && yes I sure hope they took this baby to the Vets..
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    First of all - cats and raccoons together spell trouble. This person definitely should have called a vet and not a scam website. Should have gotten a big clue as to what it was when asked how much she/he was willing to pay. BIG DUH!!!

Sure hope this person was smart (??) enough to make a vet call, and still isn't waiting for an answer 2 days later...........

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

So while this person was waiting for an answer the poor cat was in pain??? Goodness!! I just don't understand how some people think sometimes. Well, most of them don't apparently.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Maybe some people are house bound and cannot get to a vet so they are hoping that some treatment or advice can work that can be done from home.

They could of still called the vet. Also how about friends? family? neighbors? they could of taken the cat to the vets if the person wasn't able to.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

so her whole deal became how she got ripped off by this site and the REAL issue about her cat being bitten (or whatever) by the raccoon was totally lost in it. So since she was a cheapskate and avoided her responsibility to her pet, has her cat now gotten an infection from that wound that will either cost $100s (or thousands!) to cure or worse yet, her cats life? Stupid stupid stupid.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain