Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New photos and update, 7-12-10

Darling Taboo has finally found the right retirement home! She is lucky to have you!

Awwww! Looking forward to new pictures in a week or so!
    I've Been Frosted

Vet report

Blood work came back already. Thyroid issues. A daily pill.

The vet left a message on my machine, so I have not had the chance to pose any questions, but I ASSUME that since liver, kidney nor diabetes was mantioned, then those areas must be looking good.

Taboo weighs in at 4 pounds 14 ounces. Slightly dehydrated, so sub Q fkuids have been suggested. I must admit that even though I have done fluids before, sticking a needle into that tiny, skeletal body with rice paper-thin skin, is a bit scary.

She continues to eat well, poops are firm and no report of parasites, and the excessive peeing will hopefully calm down once the thyroid is more regulated. (not sure about that)

I already bought tiny puppy diapers to use on her if need be.

Thank God she has you! And prayers that the thyroid meds will settle things down and fatten her up a bit.

Any more purrs?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am just speechless at the "pelt" that came off her! It looks like a possum! HOLY MOLY!
    I'm so glad she found you again-
    And I'm traumatized over her nails - Am going to be checking my cats nails when i get Home!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

How wonderful that she will have you for the rest of her life, knowing love and not pain, and care and not neglect.

Jen, you never cease to amaze me with your big heart and kindness.

SHAME on those people for not taking better care of Taboo. She's now in a better home and I'm sure once she feels comfortable in her own skin, she'll come around.

I've got a Maine Coon rescue that was a product of a divorce from Melissa in PA. She was doing pretty well with me in my room until I made the big mistake of stacking the baby gates in the doorway of my room up too soon. Now she won't come out from under the bed. She's going to the vet tomorrow to have HER mats removed. I think that's one of the reasons why she's so cranky. My best friend is going to take her (so she THINKS temporarily) so the cat can have a quiet, peaceful existence. She needs to be an only cat. If Susie won't keep her, I'll have to think of another plan. I just want her to be happy.

Right now Bad A$$ Buddy isn't helping things.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Well, thyroid isn't too bad...at least she should put weight back on quickly, and the peeing problems should clear up.

Thyroid is easier to manage than diabetes, as long as she is easy to pill. I love the senior cats; even though they may only have a few more years, they are so grateful to have a home and love.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

At least you now know what her problem is and hopefully the pills will help her. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Awwww! Looking forward to new pictures in a week or so!

I hope she feels better soon. Poor baby, she must have been in
    so much pain with every move she made in that tangeled mess of hair
    and those nails.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Taboo got her first pill tomight, what an angel!

I got to talk to the vet today. The thyroid is only slightly high, so the dosage is low. 1 liver enzyme was a bit high, but most likely caused by the thyroid. The meds should help and maybe allow her to gain some weight.

So, all in all, not bad for an elderly little lady.

Good news. Looking forward to seeing her grow and glow! :-)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Taboo took her first walk around the house today. (she only walked around the living room before this)

The first thing she did was pee on the couch! But, just to clarify (and let you know that I do not blame her) the couch is covered with plastic because others have peed on it before AND there must have been some pee already on it that I did not notice, so of course, she thought she was allowed to go there.

A little while later she found a litter box to go poop in.

Right now she is laying in front of an open window.

Her skin is looking good (in case I did not describe what had happened, a day after shaving the skin became really red. Then in a few days it got all crusty. but almost all that is gone now.)

The cats are tolerant of her, and she doesn;t bother them either.

And a special note to Catmandu......the first thing she found was a FAMOUS Canadian catnip mouse, that even at 17 years of age, can't be resisted!!

Awww.. Taboo.. so good to see you! You are doing great exploring your new digs!

Welcome HOME!!!!!

Love from your friends in Ann Arbor
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery