Thread: Rat Question... Update: now with photos

Rat Question... Update: now with photos

I have 3 freaky baby rat colours. They are a dark Berkshier with a blaze! But the blaze doesn't touch their nose... Does this colouring have a proper name? They look odd
    Last edited by king2005; 07-22-2006 at 11:48 AM.

LOL Jess, can you post a pic? We have probably had them also but being visual it would be easier to name if I can see them. How are they doing btw? did the moms share parenting? I know you thought you may lose a couple, cant wait to see how big they got.

We wont know unless we have a picture
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    LOL Jess, can you post a pic? We have probably had them also but being visual it would be easier to name if I can see them. How are they doing btw? did the moms share parenting? I know you thought you may lose a couple, cant wait to see how big they got.
    The babies are all doing well
    I have 1 psycho mother so I have to fight with her to get her out of the cage so I can feed, clean & check the babies (NOT fun hehe).. I'll take pics in a few mins.. but they babies are still really small.

I have about 12 of the little buggers running about in a 20G tank hehe their eyes opened the other day.. I put them ina bucket (needed to clean) & one on top was sucking on his toes!!!! OMG it was the cuttest thing EVER! & I got a video!!!! can't show the video "yet" but I'll have a linkto it soon.*runs off to take pics of odd colourings*

EDIT: I just noticed that the bottom 1/2 of their heads are white.. the smaller one is going to have 1 white cheak...
    Last edited by king2005; 07-25-2006 at 08:19 AM.

Aww they are adorable!!!
    I dont know what colour though

I was at t he shop yesterday and there were ratties there and this one grey and white male oh he was sooooooo cute!!!!
    I wanted to bring him home so bad!!
    I want another rat so badly I miss having them, I think they would be great for my sister to play with.
    maybe you can convince my parents
    See ALL my pets here

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Aww they are adorable!!!
    I dont know what colour though

I was at t he shop yesterday and there were ratties there and this one grey and white male oh he was sooooooo cute!!!!
    I wanted to bring him home so bad!!
    I want another rat so badly I miss having them, I think they would be great for my sister to play with.
    maybe you can convince my parents
    You can take all 13+ of my Blazes babies!!! OMG they don't SHUT UP!! *RIPS OUT HAIR* hehe

I have SOOO many different kinds of babies you'll have lots to choose from.. BUT you'll have to wait till the next breeding. The father of these ones was imbred & I don't sell known imbred rats as the health issues can be plentyful...

where did my attachment go? no wonder no one is responding

Jess I can't see any pics? I will keep checking though! It almost sounds as if you have a mismarked Hampshire......not certain til I see them though.

The attach thing isnt working for alot of toher peoples posts I see. I think you need to convince my mom though. I'm bringing her to Super Pet todaya nd I'm gonna take a look at one of the ratties and get her to see it and HOPEFULLY she will be a little more convinced.Then I will get a baby from you
    See ALL my pets here

The attach thing isnt working for alot of toher peoples posts I see. I think you need to convince my mom though. I'm bringing her to Super Pet todaya nd I'm gonna take a look at one of the ratties and get her to see it and HOPEFULLY she will be a little more convinced.Then I will get a baby from you
    bring her to my place & show her a baby rat.. they are so darn cute & they still suck on their toes! a larger rat might not be as cute to your mom as a baby would be.. remember you can win over mothers with babies!! heheh

Quote Originally Posted by king2005
    bring her to my place & show her a baby rat.. they are so darn cute & they still suck on their toes! a larger rat might not be as cute to your mom as a baby would be.. remember you can win over mothers with babies!! heheh
    Lol
    we went to super pet and I looked in one of their tanks and there was like 30 babies !!!! And in another there was like 8! And she look at the tag and it said Dumbo rats and I said see thats the kind I want (and she didnt say oh too bad that your not getting one) and she said why whats the deifference and I told her and shes like well there kinda cute. And then said how before when we had rats she just didnt like their poo.But eh she can suck it up its not like shes dealing with it.
    See ALL my pets here

Lol
    we went to super pet and I looked in one of their tanks and there was like 30 babies !!!! And in another there was like 8! And she look at the tag and it said Dumbo rats and I said see thats the kind I want (and she didnt say oh too bad that your not getting one) and she said why whats the deifference and I told her and shes like well there kinda cute. And then said how before when we had rats she just didnt like their poo.But eh she can suck it up its not like shes dealing with it.
    Score