Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I trapped a Blind Cat (Pictures May Be Disturbing) Back from Vet Appt.

I trapped a Blind Cat (Pictures May Be Disturbing) Back from Vet Appt.

Some of you know about my dear Sophia who has asthma. I'm not sure if I ever told you guys that she was caught on a farm and at the time she had 2 eyes but one was really infected so the one was removed and now she's our sweet 1 eye kitty.

Well Shirley called me (she's the lady who I volunteer with from time to time) and she told me that the lady who feeds the cats at the barn saw a cat with no eyes.

Shirley said she isn't sure where she saw it but she hasn't seen it for a few days and when I heard of this cat I've been worried for a couple days about it and with the wildlife around you never know how quickly one will get killed or something like that.

Anyway, I kept a hold of Shirley and checked in to see if this cat was seen at all and last night I went out to the farm to set up some traps to see if I'd get anything.

I looked around the one barn for the blind kitty and I couldn't see it. So I left and told the lady where the traps were and before 9 p.m. to close them. I got a call from Shirley last night wanting to know how it went and she got another call at the same time while we were on the phone and she didn't know if it was the lady from the barn or not but she better hang up.

Within a few minutes Shirley called me right back and said that we caught the blind cat!

I was super excited and Shirley said she didn't know when she was going to get a chance to get out there since she has to still feed her cats so I offered to drive out to the farm to pick her up.

Shirley accepted and I was on my way to get this cat at 9:15 p.m. last night. I arrived at the farm around 9:40 p.m. and met the lady and she showed me the kitties in trap. OMG I fell in love so quickly. She's so skinny and small, yet seems semi-adult like.

She has no eyes; she has the sockets and can blink but no eyes.

Shirley is going to get her into the vets today and if she can't I told her I would take her to mine. I don't know if she is going to require surgery for her eyes or not but we'll see. This sweet girl also has a bump on her back and we are not sure if it's an abscess or not.

If anyone would like to make donations for this sweet girl, it would be tax deductable since it's for a registered non-profit organization. Please contact me for details. I could give the vets number as well and a donation could be made directly for this girl kitty.

I will post pictures as soon as I can of her. She was very calm last night and mellow and when I talked with Shirley this morning she ate some food and she used the litter box. We may try to foster her if we can find a home for Ziggy.

Thanks!
    Melissa
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 05-17-2010 at 12:48 PM.

OMG...We are so lucky to have you here in PA Melissa. The work you do with kitties is great!!!!! I would be happy to make a donation for her care. Pmail me the details.

Oh My God that poor Cat.
    I had a Cat many years ago Felix for a few months , who was rescued from a lab, where mean things were done to him and he was blinded.
    Sdaly he was so scared tht he hid in some litter box tops in the bathtub and was afraid of everything and wouldnt come out until the door was shut.
    He only liked his Animal Squad rescuer.
    He was only here a few months, and then he had to be PTS as the chemicals they used caught up with Felix and he couldnt breath.
    This must have been 1994 just before Joseph and Bo Bo arrived.
    We are praying that you have some good fortune with that Little Blind Cat and I know that Felix is there all healed and sighted to lend a paw
    I wish I could have petted him or got a photo
    Felix didnt deserve what happened to him
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

You're a hero! I'm so glad you managed to trap that blind cat and will get her some vet attention. Hopefully she is not in a too bad state.

Please keep us updated.

Sending lots of positive thoughts.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Awee my Heart goes out to this baby for sure.. She/he sounds like my Bogart.. He has no eyeballs.. Oh please when you can post pics.. Gosh I wish I was so much closer & I would poof her/him up in a heart beat.. Keep us posted ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Hi All-

I called Shirley to see if she got an appt. with the vets and she said she is going to wait till next week to take it in and let it rest for this weekend.

She said it is eating and drinking just fine. I'm semi-ticked off right now that she isn't taking it to the vets but I called my vets and they won't see her today unless I can pay for it today. (I owe my vet some money right now).

Anyway, I asked Shirley does she think that's safe with her lump on the back and Shirley said yes it should be fine.

The girl cat did blink her eye lid even though she has no eyes and Shirley doesn't think the vet will do much with them anyway. I just can't afford to take her to the vets unless I'd get enough donations back then I could but otherwise I guess I'll have to wait and let Shirley think she knows best in the case but I'm just not so sure at this one because of how skinny she looked. Plus I found a dead cat on the property that died from something. Well that's all for now.

Melissa

Melissa it will all work out.. Shirley sounds if she knows what to do.. Yes this being Friday is prob a good idea to let the kitty settle & rest before going to the Vets.. Alot of the times the weekends give you time to watch the actions & ect of the baby to do a evaluation to just see what the babies needs will be.. Many thanks for your such Hard Work you have done for all of the babies.. I know your so devoted to them & your kindness & work is so Greatly Appreciated Melissa..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Melissa it will all work out.. Shirley sounds if she knows what to do.. Yes this being Friday is prob a good idea to let the kitty settle & rest before going to the Vets.. Alot of the times the weekends give you time to watch the actions & ect of the baby to do a evaluation to just see what the babies needs will be.. Many thanks for your such Hard Work you have done for all of the babies.. I know your so devoted to them & your kindness & work is so Greatly Appreciated Melissa..
    Thank you, I hope it will. Shirley has done rescuing a lot longer than me and I guess I just panic a bit sometimes.

Thank you,
    Melissa

Oh that poor baby! Why would someone have that surgery done on a cat and then let it outdoors? Am I missing something here? Thank God you were there, Melissa. My heart breaks for that little one. I'm so grateful to you for taking good care of her.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh that poor baby! Why would someone have that surgery done on a cat and then let it outdoors? Am I missing something here? Thank God you were there, Melissa. My heart breaks for that little one. I'm so grateful to you for taking good care of her.
    I get the feeling that maybe she was born feral and without eyes...?

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear, she didn't have surgery. She just has no eyes. We don't know what happened but as Moon&Bean said she was probably born without eyes.

My Sophia had surgery on her one eye and now she lives with us. She is from this farm as well. This little girl will be taken to the vets next week. I will find out the date that Shirley has the appt. I'm sure it will be Monday hopefully.

Melissa

Thank you Melissa for all your hard work. As you know I have a blind baby, well all most blind. One eye is completly clouded over and the left is semi clouded. Dobe is the sweetest thing in the house. So I will do what I can to help.
    GILL & Crew;

Oh my what a story!

I doubt that kitty was born wild. For one thing, she is content with humans, and using a litter box, eating and so forth. And you say she seems semi-adult, but hard to tell as she is so thin. Sounds more like someone dumped her off at the farm. Lucky her to get caught in your trap before something caught her!

What a heart wrenching story. Thank God you and your friend are there to help this poor baby. She definantely needs to be inside where she will be safe!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

All I can say is bless you Melissa for all you do and bless this precious kitty.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.