Thread: Please crosspost far & wide

Please crosspost far & wide

http://www.wptv.com/content/news/top...7b_TYzWEA.cspx

Police find animals in 'coffins for cats'
    Reported by: Bryan Garner

PORT ST. LUCIE, FL -- Port St. Lucie police arrested three people for animal cruelty after finding dozens of cats locked in boxes that one officer called "coffins for cats."

Police made the discovery Saturday. They received a call from a man who recently bought a home on the 300 block of Archer Avenue.

The man discovered a stack of wooden boxes left stacked in his new neighbor's back yard. The boxes were "completely surrounded and enclosed by garbage," allowing little air flow to get in.

Police found cats locked inside the boxes, which were screwed shut. Each box had a small vent; but the boxes were stacked, covered the lower vents and allowing no air inside.

"To me, that's a coffin for cats," said Tom Nichols, a Port St. Lucie Police spokesperson.

The animals were "panting heavily" when officers removed them from the containers.

Police learned the boxes were left by the previous owners of the home, James and Sheila Eskew and their daughter, Jessica.

When interviewed, the Eskews told police they planned to move to North Carolina and they built the boxes to transport the cats in the back of their moving van.

Police seized 31 cats and 2 dogs from the family.

"Many of them are showing signs of aggression," said David Robertson of the Humane Society of St. Lucie County. "It could be directly related to the conditions they came from."

Police arrested James, Sheila and Jessica Eskew, charging them with animal cruelty, a misdemeanor.

When the family members were approached for comment after posting bond, they ran to their van and drove away.

There is a slideshow on the webpage that has 7 photos which include mugshots of the 3 people involved.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

OMG that is just Devastating & SO Horrible.. Now lets put this couple in a box & screw it shut & see how they feel.. A&%@#Wipes..

I am sure hoping the babies will or can get back to good health.. Poor Babies.. Dont you know that was so terrifing..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    OMG that is just Devastating & SO Horrible.. Now lets put this couple in a box & screw it shut & see how they feel.. A&%@#Wipes..

I am sure hoping the babies will or can get back to good health.. Poor Babies.. Dont you know that was so terrifing..
    Amen to the underlined sentiment. Yes, I do hope they can socialize these poor kitties and make them healthy in body and mind. Prayers for the kitties and their helpers.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

How DISGUSTING is that. I'm also all for putting them each in a box and screwing it shut. And then stacking the boxes so they're "completely surrounded and enclosed by garbage," allowing little air flow to get in.

Why is a charge of animal cruelty only a misdemeanor? These creeps will be right back on the street again, ready to load up more cats and dogs to transport in their moving van to North Carolina.

And I do hope the authorities don't just give the animals back to them because they're their "property."

Sickening.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery