Thread: It's 10 years ago that my Katz passed away

It's 10 years ago that my Katz passed away

Katz
    May 1, 1986 - May 3, 2000

Today, it's 10 years ago that my beloved tux girl Katz has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. She lived with me for almost 14 years, but eventually a heart condition left her so miserable and ill that I had to make the horrible decision... When her heart disease was diagnosed, I was willing to try everything possible to save her life, but no meds helped, and on May 3rd, 2000, she broke down and was no longer able to walk. That was the moment I knew it was over. It was the hardest thing I've ever done!!

On the other hand, I knew I would never have met Luna if Katz hadn't passed on that day...

If you like, please visit my memorial page for Katz:

R.I.P. my sweet girl, you were such a wonderful companion through all these years, and you will always be missed!!

Your loving mommy,
    Kirsten

Kirsten,
    I have always had a particular affinity for Katz, as she bore an uncanny resemblance to my first tuxie, Tex. I am not sure I knew she passed 2 days before Tex's birthday, and his death. Katz was a very special girl, much loved by all who knew her, and those that did not.

Thinking special thoughts of you and she today.

Johanna
    Last edited by Cataholic; 05-03-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks, Johanna! I remember your Tex very well!

Katz, btw, was a girl!

Kirsten

Girl kitties have that extra dose of sweetness, don't they? I have two rambunctious boys that I adore, but my boyfriend has a lady cat who is the sweetest, most affectionate, cat I have ever met. Needless to say, his other cat, a tuxie boy, and I love her to death! I hope you have many more years of happiness with your girls!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

What a beautiful memorial you've made for your beloved Katz. And what a beautiful, fine cat!

Our very deepest sympathy to you on this anniversary -- such a sad day, but filled with such wonderful memories!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~ of comfort to you.

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We never forget.....

and the pain never truly goes away.....hugs to you....

Thanks to PCB!

Thank you!!

It's true, especially days like this will always bring back all the memories....

Kirsten

Katz aand Aysche Angels have a good job with Our Awesome Angels Companions Army as part of Our Awesome Angels Welcoming Commitee
    handing out hugs and kisses as well as the Wings and Silver and Gold!!
    And they will be there for Lily, Luna and their Beloved Meeowmie and All Pet Talker Friends and All Strays and Lost Companionswhen we all find our place in the sun.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I know it will never get easier, and that we think of our dearest close felines all the time, I know I'm not alone. Katz was so pretty.

So true...

Kirsten

Oh, I did not see the thread earlier. Your tribute to Katz with her web page is great!
    I have seen many kitties with a heart condition at the shelter were I was helping in the Netherlands, and unfortunately what happened to Katz is common in this situation. I have seen it happening myself. But I also know these kitties have a great chance to live several years when they are well cared for, in a good home, and this is the most important.

My first kitty was also a tuxedo, a very intelligent guy I will never forget