Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132 View Post
Maybe I should have explained better then, not every dog has things that set them off. Dog with traumatic past, poor breeding etc are the ones who you dont know what could set them off, usually still you have some idea that your dog is like that. It's not your dog is happy and healthy half its life then bites because it saw someone dressed in black.
Also dogs who have no structure in their life (which is A LOT of dogs now a days) will bite to defend themselves because their owner is under them and they cant trust their owner.
Missed this post.. oops...

Totally agree... Thats mostly the kind of random bitting I'm talking about.. Bitting for no reason at all... Poor breeding (puppy mills are very much to blame for this, not 100% of course) really does mess up a dogs brain & the dog can be so unpredictable its both dangerous for themselves & anything else in their path.

Also agree with the lack of structure... Same goes for humans too...

Here is one of my Dad's fav stories to tell us (I've been hearing them non-stop for weeks now, as my sister is preg & he wants us to raise our kids properly... no I don't have any.. they will happen soon ).

My sister & I were well behaved kids 90% of the time as we had a solid structure created by our folks (mostly dad). Susan's kids were wild psycho kids & Susan screamed at them all the time & they never obeyed. My dad refused to visit & I hated it too as it was horrible!! Dad loved to babysite the 2 boys as they were very well behaved for him, as he gave them structure, so they knew how to behave & we all got a long great. The second Susan would walk into the house to pick them up, the yelling would start & the kids would be wild again. After that, dad always had them ready outside for them to get into her van so they could be wild in there & not in our house... This also happened with several other neighbours kids Dad babysat for.