Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doritos come down under....

Doritos come down under....

A random thread, but i have often heard of Doritos on american television especially as bad food on Oprah, and weight loss programmes, people saying i had to give up my doritos.

Well they have made it down under just now to our supermarkets, to me they look exactly like corn chips, so as i probably won't ever taste them, as i don't really want high fat food these days, wondering what you all have to say about Doritos.?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    A random thread, but i have often heard of Doritos on american television especially as bad food on Oprah, and weight loss programmes, people saying i had to give up my doritos.

Well they have made it down under just now to our supermarkets, to me they look exactly like corn chips, so as i probably won't ever taste them, as i don't really want high fat food these days, wondering what you all have to say about Doritos.?
    Don't be scared.

Buy a small snack pack and have at it.

A few will not hurt you. The best way to eat them?

Cottage cheese, hot sauce, and olives?

Doriiitoooos... mmhhh...

I like regular ones also with lemon juice(small green one as I know in the states that one is a lime and the big yellow one is the lemon and to us that´s the lime.. lol).. aahh.. and with a cheese sandwich on the side.. or a burger..

ok.. now I need to get me some.. thanks
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I love the cool ranch ones! The bags have different colors in the UK then they do in the US, did you know that?

Niņo & Eliza

Doritos have been around for ages, I can't believe they didn't sell them down there until now They're basically flavored tortilla chips. I love the Cool Ranch, they're awesome! I think they have some now that are baked, but they're probably still not very good for ya

They may have changed the formula of the powdered "flavoring" on them for the NZ market ... They are corn chips, with different powdered, MSG-laden flavors - the original being a cheesy, tomato-y kind. And they leave bright orange powder on your fingers, and maybe face ...

I cannot eat them now, there's stuff in them I'm allergic to. Besides, I associate them with junior-high "dances" in my mind, so not terribly appealing!
    I've Been Frosted

I love Doritos!! At family functions we always have a 5 layer dip and there had better be Doritos to eat with the dip, or else!!
    I don't eat them too often though. But they are tasty.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Yes well i figured they did not look any different to tortilla chips,so i won't be trying them, not a huge fan of corn chips or any kinda of chips,except hot ones,but hey thanks for the info.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

FYI doritito's do come in spicy flavors (here in the US, anyway)

Doritos are good enough but classic lays are my downfall...I can't even keep them around without eating the whole bag.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I miss the old Habenero Doritos! They've stopped selling them here now. They have changed the name to Toro Habenero but only sell those in heavily Spanish speaking populated areas. My dad has ordered me boxes of 10-20 bags at a time since nothing compares to them. L-O-V-E! We do have quite a few Spanish speaking areas here. I had my brother in law ask at one of the grocery stores to see if they could order some. They couldn't. I'm down to my last Habenero bag for now. I'm saving it for a special occasion.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

I love Doritos! Cool ranch are definately my favorite and the nacho ones are good too. I bought a bag of salsa verde ones before they were very spicy but I liked them. You could always get the plain ones and get some low fat chip dip to go with them. I dip mine in guacamole.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Wow.....yer kiddin me. They only just arrived in NZ ??? We've had them here for ages and ages. All the supermarkets sell them.
    They're great.....yummy.

"I'm Back !!"

I loved the spicy ones at one time but as w/everything else I love, I eat them until I can't stand the sight of them any more. Haven't had any in years. If you're anything like me and can't stop eating something that you really love and you're on a weight loss regimen, stay away from them but if you can snack and control yourself, go for it. They come in lots of yummy flavors.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I like the "touch of lime" flavor with a chunky salsa. Very yummy.

I'm not crazy about all the other flavors though, they often give me heartburn!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain