Thread: Shelties!Shelties!Sheltes!

Shelties!Shelties!Sheltes!

Well I LOVE Shelties in fact i`m currently looking for one!! And I`m sure people love These WONDERFUL Dogs!!

[This message has been edited by SheltieLover234 (edited October 26, 2000).]

Does anyone have a sheltie?

I have a 5 year old Sheltie named Liam. He is the love of my life. He is spoiled rotten but he is my baby. He is a tri-colored. He loves to play ball. And even after a hard game of ball he will still carry the ball around in his mouth.

It sounds like you have a great friend and dog!!!

Yes! I have a 2 year old Sheltie named Ashkii and he is my baby. He is my 3rd sheltie and I would definitely say that I'm obsessed with the breed. Ashkii is extremely intelligent and has a stubborn streak, but he's been pretty easy to train. He has a few behavioral problems that we're working on but I've been told that it's because he's a boy and they're more aggressive by nature. He loves to play with his kitty-brother, Mookie. They wrestle and race through the house and entertain me for hours--it's better than TV! I call my babies my boys--everyone thinks I have kids!

I hope when I get my Sheltie is somewhat like that!

When I first saw Ashkii, he stuck his little hiney up in the air, cocked his little ears and opened his mouth like he was smiling--I was hooked. So I didn't have a choice--he chose me! I love my baby and like I said, he's my 3rd Sheltie, but my 1st male. My other 2 were female and there are some temperamental differences between male and female--the males are more aggressive--so you might want to take that into consideration before deciding. Shelties tend to be hyper and bark a lot and they are VERY high energy dogs with a strong herding instinct--they require LOTS of attention, patience and exercise. Since they are so high energy, it's a good idea to have a playmate for them--another dog or cat will keep them company. Shelties get depressed when they are left alone too much and they are very emotional dogs. You should pick up a book on the breed to learn more before you make your final decision. Good luck!

cxg you said I should get a book do you have any recemandations?

Wow I did not realize that so many people had Shelties!

Shelties are the coolest. i have 2 hugo and Daisy. My grandma has Hugos brother. They are the cutest. and soooooo sweet