Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duke update post 12

Duke update post 12

scheduled for tomorrow, 01/04/10.
    I wanted to thank you all greatly for all the prayers...I believe they are helping Duke and I. I feel more relaxed and not as stressed as I was before. I feel now I will make the right decision when the time comes. Duke has been his goofy fun loving self since being off his "rest" instructions from the vet. He is enjoying being frisky in this Florida winter weather we are having. He is so very happy. I have been enjoying every minute since he had his "rupture" two weeks ago, I think of every day I have him as a blessing.

He goes in tomorrow for his ultrasound and ultrasound guided needle aspiration. I hope and pray that this time they will get cells telling them what this is, and praying that it is benign.

I thank God for placing all you wonderful people in my life, for understanding what I am going through and for the prayers and well wishes for Duke and strength for me. God Bless you all.
    Last edited by WELOVESPUPPIES; 01-04-2010 at 09:10 AM.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Prayers for great results. And great to hear that Duke is being a playful goofy boy!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Everything is going to work out fine, it's my bday after all and nothing bad happens on a good day like that right?
    I'll be saying a prayer.
    (((HUGS)))
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Prayers for Duke and {hugs} for you.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Prayers for you and dear Duke. Will have you both in my thoughts tomorrow for the procedure.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Please let us know how things go as soon as you can. You'll be in our thoughts.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Prayers for Duke and mommy!

(((HUGS))),
    elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers from RI!!

We have all paws crossed, here, for our friend Duke. And THAT is a LOT of paws!

I hope that everything goes well tomorrow and that Duke's biopsy results come back benign. I'll be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

I am still keeping your Duke in my prayers.
    We actually just learned ultrasound guided needle aspirations in lab 2 weeks ago, very interesting. Let us know how everything turns out, and hang in there Traci!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

We'll be thinking of you today!
    I've Been Frosted

With a very heavy heart I have to say my wonderful Dukie boy has cancer. The mass is very porous. I was able to go back and see it on the ultrasound. She did the aspiration, this time it was not full of blood but more "saline-fluid like". No positive cells showing any particular cancer but the porousness says it is. My boy will be even more spoilt than ever...if that is at all possible. I am going to savor every moment left (which I hope is still lots of time). She gave no time frame, just said he could have several months before having any problems. We need to alter his lifestyle slightly, no using the doggie door for fear of him bumping the lump and starting the bleeding again or agravating the tumor. The tumor has grown in 2 weeks, was 9x7 centimeters and is now 9x9.

I am feeling the guilt now of not having some something sooner even though the vet said with this type of cancer it would not have made any difference. It is just so aggressive. It will come back always...

I thank you all for everything, the support, the prayers...everything.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

I am so sorry and sad to hear this outcome. Love him up loads and please give him a hug and kiss from me.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

At least now you know, and you can treasure every day as a gift. Give him a kiss on the noggin for me, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

Oh no, more tears. This is not the way to start the new year with all the sick PT animals.
    I do hope Duke has several great months left with you Traci. He sounds like he is doing so well right now and I hope it stays that way.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)