Thread: What do you spend on Christmas

What do you spend on Christmas

No matter how I slice it I usually spend about $300.00 per child on Christmas and then there are all the friends and family so it's about $1500.00. Does that seem in the ballpark to what others spend?
    Did you scale down much this year?

Funny you should ask, I just did the "Christmas math" as I was putting away wrapping paper, bows, tape, etc. I spent about $300, just a bit over budget.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I just figured mine out and I spent roughly $500. That's just my family and friends, not counting Bruce's family. Yes, I did scale back this year, for sure! I had no choice.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I buy more only for my son and there's no way I'll spend a large amount on my friends. I don't like them that much. LOL My gift is open house w/a killer buffet dinner and if they're nice to me, they get to take home a cat.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I can't spend what I don't have so I'd say, "not much". But it's the thought that counts. At least that's what my parents taught me years ago.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

We don't have any non-fur children; we buy for the children on my side of the family (2 grand nieces, 2 grand nephews), do "gift bags" of goodies for the adults, buy small gifts for each other, and, of course, there's Pinot! We do not exchange gifts for the surviving members of my husband's family-no problem, just don't. I use the "regal we" - as my husband hasn't a clue what anyone gets until the gifts are opened...

My guesstimate for this year would be approximately $600. It's probably a little more this year - there were many trips to the pet store; it was fun!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I guess I spent about $600, but I started shopping around the beginning of December so it wasn't all at once. I didn't realize how much stuff I actually bought until I wrapped it all a few days before Christmas. I don't usually spend anywhere near that much but I decided to actually put a little effort into it this year and not end up getting last minute cheap, crappy presents out of sheer desperation.
    I don't have a huge lot to buy for though: my boyfriend, his parents, my parents, and 3 family friends.

I spent about $300 total on my parents, sister, brother, and 3 friends.

Due to a hefty fine that the college sneaked on my tab, I was not really able to afford to spend much money at all. I ended up using supplies left over from drawing class to just make presents for a few people. I actually got better reactions on the gifts than if I had just bought them something. For example, I drew this portrait for my mum's friend. It is of his beloved Rottie, and and he absolutely loved it.

I am a bad gift giver (I never know what people really want), so it felt good to actually get it right this year!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

That picture is gorgeous!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    Due to a hefty fine that the college sneaked on my tab, I was not really able to afford to spend much money at all. I ended up using supplies left over from drawing class to just make presents for a few people. I actually got better reactions on the gifts than if I had just bought them something. For example, I drew this portrait for my mum's friend. It is of his beloved Rottie, and and he absolutely loved it.

I am a bad gift giver (I never know what people really want), so it felt good to actually get it right this year!
    Those are the best gifts, trust me. You put your heart and soul into them and they're original, too. Plus it's of a beloved furkid so how can you go wrong?

ETA: A good friend gave me a tile w/my RB Puddy's pic on it and it's able to stand on its own. Obviously, I LOVE it!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oyster - that was a wonderful gift, and I'm positive it was so much more appreciated than something you could just buy in a store. I'm sure that gift will be treasured for a lifetime - long past the time that other gifts will be long forgotten.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oyster, that is a beautiful portrait. It looks great! I can honestly say that if I received a portrait of my Sadie, that would be the best gift I had EVER received, ever.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I do a Christmas Club account at my bank every year. I put in a small amount every week and around Halloween they mail me my check.

I haven't felt the need to downsize it any since the $15 a week isn't a problem at this point. Totalling a check of $750 that covers gifts for my husband, my mom, my dad, my coworkers, my cats, and anyone else I end up getting a gift for plus at least one dinner out for me, hubby and my mom which is a tradition on our first big shopping outing of the season.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I suck at the Christmas spending to receiving ratio, this year much more then most.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.