Thread: A Trip to the Vet or No??

A Trip to the Vet or No??

So I have a question about my cat, Highway. I am not sure if you all remember his intro post, but I found him on the side of the highway after someone had dumped him out the window of their car, I found his mom and two littermates further up the road, already dead. ANywayz, he is almost 4 years old and is a great cat, very aloof, not one to be petted, he loves the dogs and would prefer to be with the furry ones than with humans. I have been feeding him Diamond Hiar ball control forumla for cats since I got him, well first kitten food then this, but the other day I noticed he had blood in his stool, now I know he has no worms or parasites, he is an indoor kitty only and his UTD on all his shots, I am worried about it and was wondering if I should take him in or just the stool sample to my vet. I have only noticed twice in the past week, but still bloody stool.

Just wanted to know what everyone here thought, I am still learning all the proper nutrition and care fora cat, I have had them all my life but until I got on my own I never worried about the other stuff, lol. Thanks all.

Welcome to Pet Talk & Enjoy..

Yes I would go ahead for sure & take your baby to the Vet.. The Vet can do a rectum swab at that time.. Yes your correct the bloody stool does most of the time means worms & But Not Always.. Do go to the Vet just for safty of your baby.. Now do you have pics?? We love pics..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I agree, a visit to the vet would be a very good idea. Blood in the stool can be caused by a lot of different things, and the sooner you find out, the easier it'll be to take care of. He might just need to be eating different food or taking a vitamin, but the vet will need to examine him to figure it out.

And, yes, we'd love to see pictures!

Love, Columbine

Ayup, better safe than sorry, and if Highway hates the vet like some critters I know, tell him "Pet Talk made me do it!"
    I've Been Frosted

lol Karen, thank you all, he really is a healthy kitty and I will make an appointment for right after Christmas. He is actually really good, I do not have to take him in in a carrier, he has a leash that I take him in on and sit him in my lap and he looks at all the dogs, like whatever, I play with pit bulls, I swear he thinks he is a 12lb pittie himself. And I posted pics in the Cat Breed section but here are some of Highway, aka Fat Fat, himself.

hahah and yes he does sleep in here when it is open -

This is what he usually looks like, lmaooo -

Oh, good! The dogs my family had usually didn't mind the vet's office, except dear Gracie, who was fine until they'd get her up on the exam table, then she had to hide her head in Dad's jacket.

Miss Hoppy, my (now at The Rainbow Bridge) rabbit HATED the vet. It wasn't until her last year, when she had cancer, that we ever met a vet she didn't try to bite immediately. She leap out of the cage prepared to attack preemptively! Only Joerg Meyer was so much of a bunny friend that she actually liked him.
    I've Been Frosted

bloody stool.. worth a vet check.. IMO

hoping it´s just a lil scrape while pooping or something and nothing serious
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Yes, when in doubt, check it out. Highway is adorable but then, he's a blackie!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

lol Karen about the bunny wanting ti bite everyone, not a big fan of the Dr. myself, lol.

and again thank you all, I will get him to the vet next week. And I love the black kitties, they are the best

Yeah I'd take him in. There are so many things it could be Tye.

I know NayNay, just didn't know if someone else had encountered it, I am taking him in next week after christmas. Thanks girl