Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am sooo mad right now...GOOD update #28

I am sooo mad right now...GOOD update #28

I could cry!!!
    My co-worker just told another co-worker that her two dogs (both small breed dogs, and one is a senior) live outside. Sure, we live in California. But we have been having freezing (even snow one day) weather. She says they have a bed and two blankets. Oh, and she feeds them everyday.
    I said (over the cubicle wall) "People like you shouldn't have dogs!!". She said her sister told her the same thing. Supposedly her husband refuses to allow the dogs in the house. I told her to make her husband sleep outside and see how he likes it.
    I almost want to go to her house and steal the dogs. But she has two daughters that would probably be upset. But still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ugh, I can't even concentrate on my work now. Maybe I'll see if my mom has an extra dog house I could give her.
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 12-14-2009 at 10:31 AM.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

That sucks. I say go get the dogs I doubt if anyone will be that upset; they don't seem like the kind of people who would really even care.

Why not call animal control?

If she seems to want the dogs inside, but her husband doesn't, maybe you could help and her daughters convince them to keep the dogs inside! Remember what we all went through with Roxyluvsme13 - she lived with her mom, who thought Roxy shouldn't be an inside dog, and after much persuasion, she is now inside, has been for a long time, and is a healthier happy dog and household!
    I've Been Frosted

Yes that is very sad that they dont have dog houses.. Thats a great idea of maybe you can find the dogs a couple of if so used dog houses.. You might ask if they can put the dogs in the garage or something like that..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Well since I posted this I learned from another co-worker that she told her she doesn't even really like animals and doesn't care what happens to the dogs. So why not find them a good home?!?! Her answer to that would be because her daughters would be upset. Phooey!!!

Sandie - My friend/co-worker and I have thought about calling AC on her. And if I can't find a solution another way I most certainly will. But remember, she feeds them everyday.

I'll talk to my mom on my way home from work today and see if she has anything I could bring back with me this weekend. Like an extra vari-kennel or something.

I will ask about the garage too, but I'm sure the husband doesn't want them in there either.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will keep you updated on this situation.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    That's a shame. Poor pups. I'll never understand why people have dogs and then leave them outside all the time. What's the point unless they're guard dogs???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

They have been saying all over the news how dangerous it is this week to leave animals outside because of our record lows. I was thinking last night how bad I feel for all the homeless people and the pets left outside it is just so cold here this week.

My friend in placerville is snowed in, can you believe that?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Okay, if she doesn't care about the animals, tell her her daughters are learning a bad lesson, and that it would be better for both dogs and daughters if the dogs got a new home where they can get better care. If the daughters love the dogs, I bet they will want that for the dogs anyway. If the dogs are being fed regularly, I doubt Animal Control will intervene.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, I can't stand to hear stories like this! Just be careful, Cindy. A late friend of mine felt bad about a dog that she saw chained near the cemetery where she visited her mother's grave. The dog had no food or water so she had a bag of groceries in her car, took out the pack of hot dogs and fed a couple of them to the dog and gave it some of her bottled water. The police were waiting for her when she got home and they told her that they would arrest her if she interfered again. My friend was in her 70's at the time and she cried when she told me the story. I don't know the laws and/or if they differ from state to state, so a word of caution. Have a care, Cindy. And good luck.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh Cindy I'm so sorry. It is frustrating Those poor pups. Maybe someone at ARF knows an answer? I think you need to convince her to rehome the dogs. It is a terrible example to those kids. Much better a short sadness for the daughters than the continuing sadness of these dogs. You should try Freecycle for dog houses to start with maybe. It's heartbreaking really. I hope they suffer the same fate sometime.

Update!

I found a large box at home and brought it to work. I told her I had it for her and she was receptive to it. I asked her about the garage and she said they used to go in the garage but they recently moved and are now renting and the husband doesn't want them messing up the garage. He does nothing with the dogs, she cleans up after them and the girls help feed them.
    I asked her (several times) why she even has dogs. She said she likes dogs. And she even mentioned she was going to get a real dog house for them. She thinks the younger dog will chew up the cardboard box I brought, but she's going to use it for now anyway. I told her she'd better use it! And that if I knew where she lived I'd come check and make sure she is using it.

Oh, she also bought them Snuggie's for dogs for Xmas. She said she'll give them to them now. But again, she's afraid the younger one will chew them up. He chews everything.

Another thing that really peeved me was she said neither of them are house trained and that's why they aren't allowed in the house. Ok, so why would you get two small breed dogs and NOT house train them? Answer: because you know they will LIVE outside!!!

Oh well, I'm doing all I can in this situation. I will be asking her often about them to make sure they are okay. When I asked her why she had dogs I was waiting for her to say because the girls like them. My response to that was going to be - then what do you think will happen when the dogs die because they froze to death? But she didn't answer the way I thought she would.

So tomorrow I will be asking if she set up the box for them. I told her to cover the box with a tarp or blanket too. We shall see.

Thank you, everyone, for your input on this.

good grief, dogs have been living outdoors for centuries. You think the first tamed wolf came right in thru the doggie door and plopped himself in front of the fireplace? I've had dogs before. They lived outside and were perfectly content to do so (although I brought them in at feeding time). I know tons of people who still own dogs. Those dogs live outside too... and it gets chilly here (was 20 this morning). Bottom line, just because a dog lives outside doesn't mean it's gonna die. People don't keep their packs of hunting beagles in the house. As long as the dogs have a warm place to curl up and get out of the weather, they should be fine....especially if they're grown and have lived outside all their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    good grief, dogs have been living outdoors for centuries. You think the first tamed wolf came right in thru the doggie door and plopped himself in front of the fireplace? I've had dogs before. They lived outside and were perfectly content to do so (although I brought them in at feeding time). I know tons of people who still own dogs. Those dogs live outside too... and it gets chilly here (was 20 this morning). Bottom line, just because a dog lives outside doesn't mean it's gonna die. People don't keep their packs of hunting beagles in the house. As long as the dogs have a warm place to curl up and get out of the weather, they should be fine....especially if they're grown and have lived outside all their lives.
    Well okay then. What am I worrying about then?

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post

Most states have laws that say the outside dogs must have shelter
    (dog house) for each dog, along with water & food. It doesn't appear
    that these people have provided these minumum needs.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt