Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Pet Talk means to me

What Pet Talk means to me

I've been reading how a few of our long time members think PT is no longer like it used to be. I'm sure it's not, things change. Like the fact that I don't post very often (although I always lurk).
    My life, like a lot of other peoples have changed. Myself, I work more than I used to and don't have as much time to post. But the one thing that will never change is all the friends I've made here. Your all my second family and I can't imagine what life would be like without you all and PT.

If your ever thinking how bad things are here and you want to leave just look back on some of the threads you and others have posted. All the love that's put into them.
    I was looking back at one that means the most to me. The one about my beloved Angus (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...light=memorial). So many wonderful and thoughtful people put their hearts into what they said.

Let's put aside our differences and agree to disagree.

A BIG thanks to all of you here at PT for listening to me.
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Anna,

Great post! I totally agree. Thanks for putting it so eloquently.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The heart of PT will never change.

And with any large family?

We fight, we cry and we laugh and end up at the same table to take in whatever part of PT that nourishes us.

PT got me through one of the hardest times of my life. I've taken and put back in on this site.

I'll be danged if I let go of all the real special things I have seen and participated in by being a member.

Rock on PT.

I was thinking the same thing, and you know what? Lots of kids have grown up on this site, myself included. There are many people my age who don't post much any more, and it's probably just because life got a hold of them. I barely have time to myself anymore but I still try to at least lurk, where as before I had no job and lived at home so I had an abundance of free time.

Niņo & Eliza

Very well said Anna. And your link about Angus made me revisit my thread about my RB Taz kitty. I didn't even get through the second page and had to stop because I am at work and the tears were beginning to flow again. But I will finish reading it when I get home tonight.

Thank you. And thank you to Karen and Paul for such a wonderful place.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you so much, Anna. I miss seeing alot of members but I know you are all out there somewhere, lurking and keeping up with latest developments.
    We have been through alot together on this board. Just think what it would have been like if we were actually living in the same towns with each other. So much love we have for people and pets we have never met. It's incredible.

Much like we experience with our immediate family members at times, we go through trials and tribulations. Eventually, we resolve issues and move forward.

Anna, you are one of the first people I came to know through your beloved Angus. A story that would bring a person with the hardest of hearts to tears. I have always known you are one of the sweetest people we have here. We all grieved over Angus, right along with you and Mark. Every single time I see a Rottie, I think of Angus.

I don't like believing that more members will leave. I know things change and we can't all be here as much as we once were. I really hope anyone that has decided to leave thinks about the love, compassion, and family we have here and comes back to the community. I don't think there is another board out there like this one. Can we be one big happy family again?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Amen!

I've been Boooo'd!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    Can we be one big happy family again?
    I volunteer to sit at the kiddie table!

Great thread, Anna. I am really happy you posted this.

You're absolutely right. If I ever left, I don't think I'd be able to stay away for too long. My life has changed a whole lot FOR THE BETTER since I've come onto pettalk. You're thread about Angus is heartbreaking, but all the same it's amazing seeing the response of so many "family" members who are pouring their hearts out. Everyone supported me so much when Sassy died, it was so nice to come on pettalk and not be made fun of for being heartbroken over "just a dog".

This forum is amazing - it really is different from other forums. I am very happy to be a part of it..

I hope all the people who leave come back, because they really are missing out.

It's funny, I never really think about it, but Pet Talk was one of my first forays into the Internet world. It was where I learned a lot of the maturity that is mostly non-existent online, and it also set the stage for my exploration of computers and the Internet as a whole.

Now look where I am. Programmer and Web Designer, Official Ubuntu member, Linux and Open Source Software enthusiast, and computer hardware expert. A lot of the people in the communities I am in say that I act much more mature online than most teens do.

And it all mostly started with a Google search of the key words "pet forum".

I am a relative newcomer to PT, joining less that a year ago. I don't have the good old days to compare to but have found the PT I know to be a very loving close group. I am proud to be a part of it. I may not be aware of all the conflicts that take place on PT but the minor squabbles that I have seen are normal in any family.

Pet Talk has become an integral part of my everyday life, and I hope it will be a part for many years to come. Thank You Karen and Paul for a great site.

Great thread idea, Anna.
    I am one who 'grew up' on PT. I joined in 2001, so I was 11. I'm 19 now, and in college.
    I have met SO MANY wonderful, kind-hearted people on here, and I thoroughly enjoy 'hearing' about their beloved pets, kids, and families. I also enjoy reading all the funny stories, and funny things that have happened.
    Thank you, Karen & Paul! Job well done!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Anna, I'm glad that you posted this thread!

I don't know when I actually first joined pettalk. I know it's been a while. I think about 3 years ago when I was 18.

Anyways this is my favorite site to go to on the computer. Somedays I'll come home and not even wanna get on the computer, but I'll atleast take a minute to see what's up on pettalk

Everyone has always been so nice here-anytime I've ever had a problem you guys have always been there to talk w/ me about it and help me out and I appreciate it so much! I know sometimes we disagree on things, but hey everyone has their own opinions-we'd all be pretty boring if we all thought the same thing, wouldn't we? lol

But to sum it all up you guys are great! I've met lots of nice people who really care and love their animals to death. And I would be crazy to ever leave here and not come back!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I volunteer to sit at the kiddie table!
    Ok. Whatever you want bro.

Let me thank you both too, Karen and Paul. Without you guys, we wouldn't have this board.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

What Pet Talk Means to Me ...

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66 View Post

I've been reading how a few of our long time members think PT
    is no longer like it used to be.
    I'm sure it's not, things change...

But the one thing that will never change is all the friends I've made here.
    Your all my second family and I can't imagine what life would be like
    without you all and PT.

Let's put aside our differences and agree to disagree.
    Anna
    Amen to these beautiful thoughts.

Let's all be Kind to one another, post when we can, and Enjoy the Fellowship
    that's made Pet Talk the Wonderful place that it is.

/s/ Phred